It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
(female)

lisalandless HB User
new too dads got it!

Hi my name is Lisa and my Dad was told on 20th Dec that he has lung cancer 7cm mass pressing on his aorta. They cant operate as he also has emphysema and isnt well enough. The Dr two weeks ago told me that he possibly had four weeks. FOUR WEEKS. My Dad? Hes having chemo on Tuesday to help alleviate chest pains and try to shrink it but theyre worried because of his low mood and health. Im 39 and feel like a baby. How do you cope. Dad doesnt want to know expectancy but I made the mistake to ask and how I wish i hadnt. I feel for you all and will include you in my prayers. Please pray for my Dad. We need all the help we can get right now. Thankyou will let you know how it goes.

I love my Dad.

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2007, 11:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User
Re: new too dads got it!

Hi Lisa,
I know it is overwhelming and initial shock can just put you on a roller coaster of emotions. I lost my dad 1 year ago tomorrow to bladder cancer and he died within 18 days of being diagnosed. It was very sad and no one can replace a parent, but while he is still around just make his days as special as you can. If he stil has a good appetite then make him his favorite foods, or watch one of his favorite movies together.(just a couple of ideas) I live about 4 hours from my dad and could not be there when he died since my husband is fighting lung cancer, but was able to go out twice before he died and the last being on Feb. 7th knowing it was my final good bye.
If it helps any they told my husband he had anywhere from 8-16 months with treatment and my husband is now on his 20th month! Don't live each day counting down as you just don't know. I pray your dad can enjoy some special times with you and the family. And...make sure you tell your dad you love him.
Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 02:51 AM   #3
(female)

lisalandless HB User

Hi Kimslos

Thanks For Your Prayers They Are Needed. Dad Started Chemo On Tuesday. Carbloplatin And Vinorelbene. Touch Wood Alls Ok So Far. He Actually Feels In Less Pain. I Didnt Expect That. I Thought That Bad Things Were Going To Happen. Am Really Scared They Will. They Will Anyway Wont They. Eventually. Feeling Really Heavy And Low Today. I Should Be Happy Dads Feeling Better But Its Quite Hard To Be Positive When Theyve Told Me That Its Going To Kill Him Anyway. Youre Right I Should Live For Each Day And Not Worry About Tomorrow Until It Comes. I Have To Remember That. Thanks For Your Answer. It Was Much Needed. And I Am So Sorry For All Of You That These Things Are Happening While Other Peoples Lives Are Just Going On. Ours Seems To Be Whirling And Standing Still. Didnt Think Anyone Would Understand But Here On These Boards Are A Whole Community In Pain. Thats So Wrong. I Will Pray And Think Of You All And Hope That The Angels That Look After Me And Mine Come To Visit You. Let You Know How Its Going Soon.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:24 AM   #4
(male)

55ian55 HB User

hi lisa firstly please accept my heartfelt prayers for your dad, the best thing you can do is to be there for him comfort him. yes he will have good days and he will have bad days but hopefully there will be more good days. never give up thats what my wife kept saying and she fought for 9 months. on the bad days you can be your dads strength and you can always laugh with him as he will with you. god bless your dad and you. Ian

Old 02-23-2007, 12:43 PM   #5
(female)

Hep HB User

Hi Lisa,
I wished someone would have gave me some inclining as to anticipated time for my dad. The more I asked to know, the more everyone would hush. Please spend your time with him. I live 8 hours away from my dad and when he passed away on Feb. 5th... I wished there were times that I had been closer (in geography) to him.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and use this web board. It has helped me countless times for questions, concerns, relief, and support. We are all here for you.

I am 34 years old and if feeling dispair for the loss or potential loss of your parent makes me a baby... then I am a baby. Be strong. I will be thinking of you.

Hep

Old 02-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #6
(female)

lisalandless HB User

thank you all for your prayers your thoughts and your time. I really do appreciate having this to help me and all of you. Thanks. Lisa.x

Closed Thread