It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
(female)

Sammiejoe HB User
Any suggestions?

Hi, I'm wondring if anyone can offer some advice? I have been suffering with severe upper abdominal pain for over a month now. On, 1-14-07, I went to the ER due to the pain and they did a Ct scan and it showed enlarged lymph nodes in my stomach, which the doc felt was the cause of my pain.....Anyway the other day, I just couldn't take the pain anymore, because it is now in my back & chest, so back to the ER. Well, they did a chest x-ray which was normal & an EKG, also normal, then another CT scan of my abdomen. Well, the doc said the gall bladder & pancreas looked good, however he said I have an, "infilltrate" on my lung. When I asked him if it was cancer, he said it could be or maybe it's scar tissue, but, he referred me to a pulmonologist. The ER instructions say, pneumonitis & abnormal lung field findings. However, this was an abdominal CT scan, how much lung could it of shown?
Does anyone know if this is how a cancer presents? Abdominal pain, back pain? I had pneumonia 2 years ago and I had no idea until they took an x-ray, but I only had abdominal pain then as well.
How can the x-ray be normal, but the CT scan show something? Also, last month when they did the CT scan, they said nothing about this, "infilltrate".
I'm worried sick and the pain is awful, any ideas?
Thanks

Old 02-19-2007, 07:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: Any suggestions?

CT scans are more accurate than an xray. It could be showing something in your lower lung...lungs go beneath also, not just in chest. you might want to get an endoscopy....and they can look around and see what it is. don't let it go, get it thoroughly checked out............

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
(female)

Sammiejoe HB User
Re: Any suggestions?

Flintrock:
Thanks for your reply.
I went to my pcp today and he didn't seem to concerned, although he didn't have the CT scan report, so he was just going on what I told him.
He did schedule an abdominal ultrasound to check out my gall bladder, because he said a CT scan isn't a good test for gall stones. If the US is normal, then he mentioned an endoscope of my stomach to check for an ulcer.
The thing that concerns me the most is my lung though.....I got pneumonia in 12-05 and since then, I've had several episodes of walking pneumonia and bronchitis. I don't know why I keep getting these infections. My pcp said the, "infilltrate" on my lung could very well be pneumonia, but, he doesn't think I need antibiotics. I guess my concern is that I've got lung damage already from previous infections and I don't want to risk anymore damage, however, he didn't even want to send me to a pulmonologist now. He has a, "wait & see" attitude about this and since I've got an HMO, I'm stuck with his opinion for now.
I was relieved somewhat because he said an infilltrate is low on the list for potential cancers, so hopefully he's right about that. I really want to get a CT scan of my lungs though, since the abdominal scan only shows the very bottom of your lungs.
Thanks again

Closed Thread