It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

feetofclay HB User
Talking 1st Round

My husband had his first round of chemo today. I felt really awkard sitting in the waiting room surrounded by so many pepole fighting some type of cancer.

The most awkard time came when I walked in and saw an old childhood friend. She had fought and won the battle with breast cancer but it had returned and was now in her bones.

My huband had lost five lbs. over the weekend after having the feeding tube inserted. He was told he needs to have less than 3000 calories per day just to maintain his current weight. We are going to be trying Caranation HSV which has 560 calories per drink.

So far he has had no side effects from the chemo. So far...

Old 02-20-2007, 04:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
Re: 1st Round

Hi feetofclay
Well I had my first round of chemo last Thursday, so thought I'd answer.
No need to feel awkward in there. Actually I felt awkward in there seeing all the other patients with their friends and family surrounding them, while I had to go it alone that day. (My sister's flight was cancelled due to snow and couldn't get here in time!)
I hope your husband doesn't have any ill effects from the chemo, but if he does call the nurses and they will do everything they can to control any nausea or pain, etc. I found the nurses where I'm going are great! So are the volunteers there.
I've felt sort of flu-like the past 4 days, but today woke up feeling better. Hope your husband does well on his treatment.
God Bless
Faith

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread