It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
(female)

feetofclay HB User
Losing The Will

Well, my husband is in the 3rd week of radiation and has received his 2nd dose of chemo. However, his weight continues to drop. He is currently taking something to help with the swallowing but he seems to have no will to fight.

He has a feeding tube that we use, but his doctor mentioned getting a pump that would feed his all night. At this point I don't know how to help him. He seems to be giving up and his treatments are suppose to last until mid-April.

Any suggestions are welcomed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
(female)

Cee10 HB User
Re: Losing The Will

Hi Feetofclay,

Sorry I don't have any suggestions about treatments and so on, I just wanted to say my prayers and thoughts are with you and your husband at this time. Losing the will to fight - perhaps replace it with - the will to live a while yet.
Good luck and God Bless you both
Cee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
(male)

conan1017 HB User
Re: Losing The Will

I am sorry I don't have any specific suggestions other than I believe sometimes we as spouses/caregivers have to be patient and be strong for them. That is an enormous burden to have to carry at times and I suspect this is one of those times for you. All I can tell you from my personal experience is that I am strongest when I cast those cares and concerns upon Christ. My wife is not a real strong fighter like some, but she is fighting. I have learned to accept that and simply do my best to encourage, support and sometimes coach her. However, I don't know what it feels like to have cancer, feel horrible and fatigued most of the time, knowing the odds are against you and having people tell you to "be strong" and to "fight". So I try to balance things with hope and sensativity.

Perhaps what your husband needs is a "boost" or an opportunity to be in a position to fight. I pray the feeding tube is effective in giving him the strength and nutrition he needs and I certianly pray for you as well.

God bless you both,
conan

Closed Thread