It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
Thumbs up Some Good News Finally!

Hi All,
Just wanted to share some good news for a change. And I know we all like to hear good news on this difficult road.
For those who don't know me, I have had 2 treatments of chemo with crboplatin/taxol. Had a ct scan last week to see where we stand. Third chemo was today and I got the ct scan results.

Basically here is how the ct scan report went:
1. Tumor in the right upper lobe:decreased from 37mm x 16mm to 11mm x 10mm
2. Area in right middle lobe: "has improved"
3. previous ill-defined ground glass opacities in both upper lobes has improved ,with only a residual amount notied in the right upper lobe. (Cool! THe left spot is GONE...apparently!!!)
4. Prevously noted right upper paratracheal lymph node has resolved!!! WooHoo!
5. No definite new pulmonary nodules are other wise seen!!
6. interval decrease in size of multiple subcentimeter liver hypodensities, too small to fully characterise, but likely metastases. (Didn't know about these, but there's a decrease, so WooHoo!!!)

So it sounds pretty good to me and everything is shrinking, so I am happy. I know it's early and at Stage IV NSCLC you know things can change, but I'm praying for positive changes ONLY!!!!
ANyway, just wanted to share that and hope others will share the good news as well when they get it. It has sure encouraged me in the past!!
God Bless you All.
Faith

Old 03-29-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
(female)

Sunshine913 HB User
Re: Some Good News Finally!

Hello Hellas,

It is so refreshing to read some good news. You are a woman with great strength and I truly admire you for that. Congratulations!!!! I'm looking forward to more goods news to come!!!!! God bless.......

Sunshine913

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Janmarie2 HB User

Faith. I am so happy to hear your good news. Makes the fatigue not seem so bad I hope. I was feeling abit blue after reading Kim's post about Stan's Birthday earlier today so your good news was a much welcome relief. I pray the chemo continues to kick some cancer butt and that your next scan once again shows shrinkage. A few months from now I would love to hear that your scan came back NED. You go girl! Hope you felt well enough to celebrate your good news today. JanMarie

Old 03-31-2007, 11:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User

Faith,
I just have a minute, but I was so thrilled to see your posting and did not have time to post when I read it, but wanted to give you a big hug! Oh, I pray good news keeps coming your way! This terrible disease can be beaten and it just takes the right person, the right chemo combination and the determination and faith! I understand it is Stage IV, but there are miracles and we all can hold onto that!
I hope you are strong enough to enjoy the weekend, but do know you just had another round of chemo...ugh! I am trying to get Stan out in this beautiful weather of ours, but he is not moving from his chair yet. I think it might do him some good to go eat lunch on a patio outside somewhere. We have several places in Irvine we can do that so must encourage him.
You are in my prayers Faith!
Kim

Old 03-31-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
(female)

mabegb HB User

faith- i was so thrilled for you when i read your post.congratulations on your good news. i pray for many more good reports to come......melissa

Old 03-31-2007, 05:50 PM   #6
(female)

mabegb HB User

faith- i was so thrilled for you when i read your post.congratulations on your good news. i pray for many more good reports to come......melissa

Old 04-01-2007, 01:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

Faith, I just had to jump in and say Congratulations on your good news!

Thank you for sharing! I'm sure this news has given a light of hope to someone else going through a similar experience as you.

Again, congratulations! I'm here rooting for you and praying all the way, girl!

Love, Barb

Old 04-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User

Faith, This is the best news !!! I'll keep my prayers going for you!! Love,Cherie

Old 04-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #9
(female)

sar4boy HB User

Faith,
Congrats!! That is fantastic! I had some wonderful news from my mom today, it must be the time for good news! She called me from her Chemo session because she was so excited when the doctor told her that the tumors shrunk. The one lung almost is gone, the liver and other lung are smaller!! Doc said 2 more rounds of Chemo after this one and they think it will be in remission! I hope for a long remission!!!!

God Bless and keep on going - miracles sure do happen!!

Old 04-03-2007, 11:47 AM   #10
(female)

Cee10 HB User

YIPEE

God Bless You

Cee

Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Everyone For all the prayers and well wishes!!
It just feels so good to come here and share something good and read something positive too.
Thank you Sunshine913, JanMarie, Kim and Melissa, Barb and Cherie and
Sar4Boy...hoping to hear more good news on your mom soon!!!
Good Wishes to you ALL!
And remember....EXPECT MIRACLES!!!
Faith

Old 04-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #12
(female)

jeaniek HB User

I am so happy to hear this!!! Wonderful to see some good news!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi All,
Well just wanted to add another little bit of good news! Had my MRI of my brain today and then saw the neuro-oncologist. The MRI shows ALL CLEAR! WooHoo!!! THat is 3 months since the cyberknife procedure, so I am happy! Have to have the MRI every 2 months, but this is great encouragement for now!
SO anyone who is thinking you can't do anything for Stage IV lung cancer, think differently. So far these treatments are doing good and that is great in my book. I'll take any improvement.
Blessings and Prayers go out to all of you.
Faith
(EXPECT MIRACLES)

Old 04-10-2007, 06:16 AM   #14
(female)

seajay HB User

Congrats on the clear brain and the shrinking of all that unwanted stuff in your lungs. It sounds like your attitude is helping you kick the big C in the old glute!

Old 04-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #15
(female)

jeaniek HB User

This is great news! You are one tough lady and I'm sure you'll beat this cancer. Glad to see that there are success stories out there

Closed Thread