It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
(male)

flashpoint HB User
Sloan Kettering versus Cancer Treatment Centers of America

My wife has just been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and I need to know what place has the best treatment. Please help!

Old 04-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
(female)

serinity HB User
Re: Sloan Kettering versus Cancer Treatment Centers of America

I cant tell you the best out of the two. Ive heard great things about both cancer centers. I would definately get a second and even maybe a third opinion. See what each place has to say. Im sorry you and your wife are faced with this. I went through this with my mother. By the time she was diagnosed she was extensive small cell. It had spread to alot of places.
I will be sending prayers your way.

Think positive, there are people who have gone into complete remission.I pray your wife will be one of them.It does happen. Keep your faith.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
(male)

flashpoint HB User

Thank you for your concern and prayers. I will pray for your mother also.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:07 AM   #4
(male)

easyrun262 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Sloan Kettering versus Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Hi Flash- Other than their TV commercials, I do not know much about The Cancer Treatment Center.

I can give personal testimony regarding Memorial Sloan-Kettering. Often referred to as 'Cancer R Us', it is the 'go to' place for cancer and allied diseases. People from all corners of the world seek the benefits of this institution. That in itself tells you something.

I am pleased with every facit of treatment, research, and prevention that this facility has to offer. The doctors are top notch- warm, understanding, empathetic, and foremost... educated, and experienced. The support staff is very well organized.

I find myself fortunate to have the insurance that Sloan-Kettering accepts. Best to you and your family... Tom

Old 04-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
(female)

foxey lady HB User

I think the Sarah Cannon Cancer Inst. in Nashville is good. That is where my daughter goes. You do know who Sarah Cannon is? It's Minnie Pearl. When she pasted away she left all her money to build this Inst. I hope you have good luck finding somewhere.

Betty

Old 04-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #6
(male)

flashpoint HB User

Some good news today Patti has an appointment at Fox Chase this Friday and Penn before the 17th Sloan Kettering said nothing aviable untill May.. Not alot of help there. Thanks for everyones concern my prayers go out to all in this situation.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:50 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

I can't more agreed on what Easyrun said - this is the place to be... NYC can offer the most updated technology, Memorial Sloan has to many patients with same thing, they are famouse for their research - this is would be my place. Good luck to you, guys, i hope everything will be OK for you (( ))

Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

I can't more agreed on what Easyrun said - this is the place to be... NYC can offer the most updated technology, Memorial Sloan has to many patients with same thing, they are famouse for their research - this is would be my place. Good luck to you, guys, i hope everything will be OK for you (( ))

Closed Thread