It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User
Re: They Found Cancer

Hi Mari-
Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing and send you some big hugs.
Kim

Old 05-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #17
(female)

postiemayer HB User

Hi there, also just checking in to see how you are doing. I am still working (thank God my husband is doing well enough for me to leave him alone all day) full time so time is limited for me. Just want to let you know I know everyone on this board is pulling for you and are here for you.
Bright blessings.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2007, 05:21 PM   #18
(female)

MSFleming HB User
Smile Re: They Found Cancer

Hello Everyone,

First I would like to thank everyone on this site, I don't know what I would have done without your support...thank you...thank you...thank you...so so so much.

I had the biopsy done last week and got GREAT NEWS!!!!! It's NOT Cancer; God is grand, but there is something growing inside of me and they don't know what it is...so they are doing a few more tests with the sample from the rest of the tissue, I should know something by the end of this week.

I will keep you all informed and God bless you all for the support and all the wonderful prayers!

Hugs to all and my prayers are with you,

Mari

Old 05-07-2007, 06:09 PM   #19
(female)

Ayre HB User

Oh Wonderful news that it's not cancer!!! I really hope they get to the bottom of what it is and it's easy to fix! Good luck!!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #20
(female)

postiemayer HB User

God is truly great. I am so happy for you. Bless you!

Old 05-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User

Mari,
What a blessing to hear it is not cancer!! It is so nice pulling up the posting board to find some good news! I do pray though it is nothing else too serious. You continue to take care of yourself and keep us updated as to what they find out!
Kim

Old 05-09-2007, 05:34 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Oh Mari!
That is the best news I've heard in a long time!! Praise God...He is good.
I am ecstatic for you! I do hope they find out soon what it is that is growing, but glad you received that sigh of relief knowing it isn't cancer.
How awesome!!
Faith

Old 05-17-2007, 02:40 AM   #23
(female)

KinuG HB User

I'm sorry you got some bad news. My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. If yours has not spread too much, you will be able to live a long and satisfying life. My dad did radiation first.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:53 AM   #24
(female)

MSFleming HB User

Hello Everyone,

I was scheduled another biopsy...they can't find what it is!!!! It's NOT TB, VALLEY FEVER, or VIRAL INFECTIONS. So, I guess is more testing...they think it's a chromic Infection...which I've have had for a long time over a year! I have an appt. with pulmonologist in June.

Kim...how is your husband...I do pray his doing better!

Blessing going your way,

Mari

Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #25
(female)

thinkfast HB User

Did they test you for Histoplasmosis?

Old 06-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #26
(female)

MSFleming HB User

No, what is that! Well, I'll do some more research to see what that is! But now they want me to get a sputem test..we'll see if anything comes from that test.

Prayer are with you all!

Love,

Mari

Old 06-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSFleming View Post
No, what is that! Well, I'll do some more research to see what that is! But now they want me to get a sputem test..we'll see if anything comes from that test.

Prayer are with you all!

Love,

Mari
Hi Mari
Nice to see you again, and glad they are keeping on top of your condition and trying to figure it all out. Have they mentioned Lady Windmeres' Syndrome? I think another name for it is mycobacterium avium complex or something like that. The mycobacteria live all over our environment... in the air, in the dirt, in the water...so it can get trapped in the lungs and cause problems.
They tested me for that back in november, and were really leaning toward that, but the bronchoscopy showed otherwise.
I think you already had a bronchoscopy haven't you?
Well, Good Luck and pryain gthey find the answer.
Faith

Old 06-22-2007, 01:54 AM   #28
(female)

thinkfast HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSFleming View Post

Prayer are with you all!

Love,

Mari
Hi, Mari--
Histoplasmosis is from a fungus, which is relatively common especially if you grew up in the Midwest or Tennessee Valley area. Histo can be found where birds congregate and also in caves. It ends up in the soil, and then the affected soil dust is inhaled. Apparently, if one has had exposure to the fungus, the nodules in a person's lungs may look similar to those of TB. You may or may not have symptoms if you inhale the fungus. If you do, they may be similar to a cold/mild flu.

Docs recently found several lung nodules in my chest Xray after I recovered from walking pneumonia. I tested negative for TB. My bloodwork was negative for an active Histo reaction. Nothing showed up on my PET scan. Histo can be confirmed with a biopsy. I am scheduled to have my second CT scan soon.

Hope this helps and that your test yields some good information.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:25 AM   #29
(female)

MSFleming HB User

Hi Everyone,

Kim how is your husband doing? Faith, thanks for repling and it's nice to hear from you!

Thanks to everyone for helping me to find what's wrong...I've had one biopsy and schedule for a sputem test...then if that does'nt result to anything...then I'm having a bronchoscopy. With the biopsy with the needle through the lung, they did'nt get enough tissue so they only ruled out TB & viral Infection.

So there you have it, that's were I stand right now!

My prayers are with you & sending lots of love your way,

Mari

Closed Thread