HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Lung (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-lung/)
-   -   lung cancer in both lungs (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-lung/492543-lung-cancer-both-lungs.html)

lavender01 04-21-2007 06:49 PM

lung cancer in both lungs

My mom, age 84 was diagnosed this week to have lung cancer in both lungs. She has never smoked either! The oncologist said this type of lung cancer is the type that nonsmokers get! She is on some oxygen and medicine to try and build up her appetite! She has lost weight! I asked the oncologist why 3 months ago her lungs looked fine! He said by the time cancer showed up in chest xrays it was pretty far gone! The best way to find it would be in scans! Please pray for my mom! I am hoping the lord will heal her!

cher1052 04-22-2007 11:19 AM

Re: lung cancer in both lungs

Your mom is definetly in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us informed. Cherie

pbj11 04-27-2007 02:32 PM

Sorry to read this news.

Have they developed a game plan for your Mom? Try to make sure she eats plenty to gain some of that weight back.

Hoping things are okay with you.

PBJ

lavender01 04-27-2007 06:52 PM

Well she is on oxygen and taking a medicine to help get her appetite back so she will eat more. I cry and cry and cry!

bkerber 04-27-2007 08:53 PM

lavender, Im so sorry to hear about your mom. My mom and dad were both diagnosed last year and they also both passed last year from lung cancer. Its a horrible disease and I know what you are going through. My dad was 77 and mom was 75, but it doesnt matter how old they are, they are still your parents. I still cry and its been almost 1 year. I hope that your moms faith will see her through this and you as well. You're in my thoughts

lavender01 05-02-2007 07:28 AM

Mama is still doing ok. She is on oxygen and at home. Just keep her and all of the family in your prayers and pray that the lord will lift her up and heal her. I can't imagine my life without my mom.

lavender01 05-23-2007 10:29 AM

mama seems to be getting weaker everyday. Hospice nurse comes one day a week. An aide is supposed to start coming every morning to help her alittle. I can hardly stand to see this!.

bkerber 05-23-2007 08:55 PM

Lavender, gosh Im so sorry you're going through this. I was in the same place last year at this time with my mom and my dad. Its horrible and I hope you have support in family or friends. Just be sure to be there as much as possible. I know my mom could tell when she was close to going and I think she was very scared she'd go by herself. Tell her everything that is in your heart and do it now. I am thinking of you.

lavender01 05-30-2007 09:03 PM

My mom lost her battle with cancer this morning. She died peacefully. She was diagnosed on 4/19/07. I miss her so much I am thankful she didn't suffer with this awful disease!

snoopy63 05-31-2007 03:31 PM

Lavender...
I am sorry for your loss...but I am glad to hear it was peaceful...that is the best we can hope for when/if the time comes...
I pray for strength for you and your family during this difficult time.....

(((Lavender)))

pbj11 05-31-2007 07:26 PM

Lavender,

Gosh, I'm so very sorry to hear of your Mom's quick passing. Thank God she didn't have too much pain and was comfortable at the end. Doesn't make her loss any easier on you though, I know.

Many hugs and prayers for you during this difficult time.

PBJ

rosalind19 06-04-2007 05:54 AM

yes our family right now has someone with cancer in both lungs how do you deal with this

pbj11 06-04-2007 01:12 PM

rosalind,

Please post in a new thread so that everyone can see it. You will find many wonderful people here to talk to and help. My husband also has cancer in both lungs and is at 26 months from diagnosis.

PBJ