It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
(female)

KinuG HB User
Lost Anyone?

Hi,

Has anyone recently lost someone they really love to cancer? My dad just died about two weeks ago from lung cancer, and I am still on an emotional roller coaster. Just when I think I am starting to feel better about life again, I seem to lose it.
I feel angry, guilty, confused, depressed, cynical, scared....
When, if ever, does it start to get better?

Old 05-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
(female)

bkerber HB User
Re: Lost Anyone?

Hi, Im so sorry about your loss. My loss of both parents within 5 days was May of last year. I can tell you I never had the anger issue. I have just been incredibly sad. At about 8 months for me I started being able to maintain such as sometimes in the grocery I would just start crying for no reason. But even now, 1 year later, I miss them both so bad..I do carry on but I still cry occassionally when I hear a song or have a memory. It does get better but so far it hasnt gone away. I will add that I was with both of my parents when they passed and I think I do a lot of reflection on that part of it and I cry when I think about it. Take care and again Im so sorry for your loss

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
(female)

jdchablis HB User

Having lost a grandaughter (21 yrs.old) to brain cancer, and just very recently a nephew(39 yrs. old), I can relate to how you both feel and what you are going through. It makes a person feel like there is a big empty space in their heart, and I don't think any of us will ever get over the loss of loved ones not being with us anymore. But, it does get a little easier as time goes by. We are forced by the every day tasks we go through each day to let our minds rest from our sorrows, which is a good thing, as we need to recharge ourselves. In my case, when I got to bed at night, and wake up in the morning, my loved ones are right there on my mind. As bkerber said, a memory or a song, brings the tears, but I think it is good to cry. And, I think it is also good to talk about the people we lost, and even talk to them if it helps! I sometimes talk to myself about how mad and upset I am, and how much I miss them.

Kinug, it is an emotional roller coaster, but you hang in there and time does help heal the pain.

I am sorry for your loss, as well as bkerber', and I wish you both well. I hope it helps just a little to know that there is someone out there thinking of you, and I wish you both peace and happiness. Bless you both!

Judy

Old 05-31-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
(male)

green_day1992 HB User
Unhappy Re: Lost Anyone?

Hello,

Yes, i have recently lost someone, and that person is mother. I am currently 15 years old and around april last year i had found out that my mother was suffering from stage 4 lung cancer. When i had heard of this i did not know really what to expect since i always though " nooooo my mum could never get lung cancer" Even tho my mother smoked for nearly her whole life i couldnt see it comeing. Thankful 3 month before she was diagnosed she had quite smoking and i will always be proud of her for that... She just dies 5 weeks ago and i am still grieving however slowly i am learning to except that i have lost my mother and that i will never be able to see her again.
Well i have to go but i will right more when i am at my computer again, goodbye and take care

Corey

Old 05-31-2007, 07:30 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

pbj11 HB User

My heart goes out to anyone who has lost a loved one. Life never is the same, but we all must go on as best as we can.

Hugs to all who are grieving now.

PBJ

Old 06-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lavender01 HB User

I lost my mom on 5/30/07 to lung cancer. It was in both lungs - she never smoked and was 84 yrs. old. I cherish my time with her - I know I will meet her again!

Old 06-03-2007, 05:28 AM   #7
(male)

conan1017 HB User

lavender-

Thanks for sharing that with us. I know you will geatly miss her, but I believe as you do we will meet again. I will remeber you in prayer in the days/weeks to come.

conan

Old 06-03-2007, 03:34 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User

As I've read the responses so far-I can relate to ALL of them......amazing. I have to agree with Conan-we'll meet up with them when the time comes. Peace, Cherie

Last edited by cher1052; 06-03-2007 at 03:34 PM.

Closed Thread