It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2007, 09:10 AM   #16
(female)

kris114 HB User
Re: I've lost Stan.....

I'm so very sorry to hear the news of the loss of your dear Stan. May God comfort you through this difficult time. Kris

Old 06-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #17
(female)

feetofclay HB User

May God's grace give you peace not only for today but for days to come. I have not posted in awhile but I know you are a faithful member to the Health Board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2007, 09:32 PM   #18
(female)

Sunshine913 HB User

Dear Kim,

I just came on to check and see how Stan was. I was so upset to see that he had passed. I've been reading your posts for the past 7 moths and it was like looking in a mirror for me. Your situation deeply resembled mine with my father. For months we knew that he was going to pass. When it actually happened we were all so devastated. I guess you are never prepared to say goodbye to someone you love so dearly. My father also had a very difficult time and his passing was not peaceful at all. I will always cherish all the memories we had with him. I pray for you and your children. May God always give you strength and peace. May Stan's soul rest in eternal peace and may your always cherish all the beautiful memories that you shared with your courageous husband.

Many hugs,
Sunshine913

Old 06-14-2007, 10:46 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User

Hello Everyone and thank you for the beautiful, touching postings you have sent my way. I am sorry I have not been on earlier to thank you, but it is so overwhelming between making arrangements and company arriving and friends stopping by nonstop. I really never knew how many dear friends we really have. I have to say each day is a bit of a challenge, but I think the mornings and nights are the worst. I think I am strong enough to get thru this and know I will. I just feel so blessed that Stan and were able to have so many long talks on what he wanted. My son got a flat tire today and it was odd not being able to talk to Stan about it, or share my thoughts with him or just to reach out and hug him...the void is huge, but how unfair it would be for me to want him here suffering. Today we met with the mortuary, tomorrow with the church and Saturday with the cemetary. We are not having his service until June 23rd.
I thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and just the pure kindness in your hearts. Your postings have touched me and whenever I am sad I can always remember what each of you have said or offered as advice and remind myself it will be okay. God has blessed me with two beautiful, healthy children and wonderful friends so I must be thankful even though I ache for my husband.
I am sorry I don't have time to respond to the other postings, but soon I will have more time and will be back, but could not go another day without thanking all of you. I will continue to keep you in my prayers,
Kim

Old 06-15-2007, 03:51 AM   #20
(female)

Cee10 HB User

HI Kim
I am so very saddened to read your news that Stan has passed, please accept my sincere condolences for your loss of Stan.

It saddens me that Stan had a difficult end. He was such a trooper throughout his illness doing his best to stay with you all. Now he is pain free and at peace after such a long tiring struggle.

Kim, you perhaps feel exhausted, empty, after such a long journey and an ending you did not want to happen. Please try to rest and nourish yourself, you deserve love and comfort so much. Now is the time to look after you, and treasure your boys more than ever.

You remain in my prayers,
God bless you,
(((HUGS)))
Cee

Old 06-15-2007, 04:19 AM   #21
(male)

55ian55 HB User

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, may i offer you my deepest sympathy

Old 06-15-2007, 01:59 PM   #22
(female)

nomadawn HB User

Dearest Kim,
So sorry to hear about Stan. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your precious boys.
Take care of yourselves & a personal thanks for all your heartfelt advice that you have shared with me and so many others.
Wishing you peace at this trying time
God bless
Debbie
x

Old 06-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #23
(female)

Susie845 HB User

Kim~

I know that there are no words to ease your pain right now, I just wanted you to know that I will keep you and your boys in my prayers. Hold onto one another during this time and lean on everyone, including those of us here on HB.

Thinking of you...

Old 06-16-2007, 01:59 PM   #24
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User

Dearest Kim,

I just popped in here today, and I am sitting at the computer with tears running down my face. I have only posted about my Dad's battle with lung cancer a few times, but each time, you have responded so warmly. I have followed your and Stan's journey, and my heart goes out to you and your sweet boys. I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #25
(female)

tuckygal HB Usertuckygal HB User

Kim,
I remember that Stan was diagnosed two months after I was. I am so glad he hung on as long as he did and so sorry that he suffered like he did. May God bless and be with you and your family. You have always been an inpiration to me and I know you were to Stan. Take care of yourself. Love and prayers from Ky., Pat

Old 06-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #26
(female)

mabegb HB User

kim~ i am so sorry to read that stan has passed. i want to thank you for sharing with us the journey that you and stan have been on. im sure it has helped so many. i know it has been hard . you are such a strong lady.
im glad to hear that you have a lot of support. i will continue to keep you and the boys in my prayers as i know there are still struggles ahead.
get some rest that is well deserved. many blessings to you..........melissa

Old 06-18-2007, 05:38 AM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

rockie HB User

My dearest friend,
there are no words I can say that can ease the pain and the void, but just to let you know like so many others here have expressed so well, that you and Stan have been such an inspiration to so many of us. His determination to survive was amazing and he far exceeded the doctor's expectations. Your strength and love kept him going and his journey was long. Like Bud, his passing was difficult. But I asked Bud to look for Stan and show him around the place a bit and get to know him. Stan is in good hands with him and Heaven will never be the same with the two of them at it together. Now your journey begins. Rest is the best gift you can give yourself because it isn't until now that you realize just how drained, and exhausted you are. In every way. It will take time to regain a sense of wellbeing. Don't rush yourself. May God keep you and the boys in the palm of his hand. It was very comforting to hear you have such tremedous support at home. I worried about your MIL and BIL when I heard Stan had passed and hoped that they would show you respect and decency during these very difficult days.

We are all holding you up Kim. Take care and know your are loved.

Hugs, prayers, healing and peace....

Jan

Old 06-18-2007, 09:29 AM   #28
(female)

Hep HB User

Kim,
I was away on vacation and came back yesterday. I logged on today, thinking of you. I was shocked to see your post about Stan. Your posts and replys kept me motivated through my dad's illness. You always replyed kindly and thoughtfully. I am so sorry to hear of your loss and only hope that God can heal your heart. I know that your boys will live with the best memories of their dad. Kids have a resilant way about them and only remember the positive. Please take care of you!!! Because this is such a busy time with graduation, you will find yourself running on adrenaline. Take time for a breather now and then. My prayers are with you.

Hep

Old 06-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #29
(female)

bkerber HB User

Kim,
I, too, have been away on vacation and I was so sorry to hear that Stan had passed. My sympathies to you and your family. Allow yourself to grieve. Also take time just for you now and again. You've had alot on you and it will take time to sort it all out, but you will with family and friends to help. You're in my thoughts

Becky

Old 06-19-2007, 07:11 PM   #30
(male)

conan1017 HB User

Kim-

Just a quick note to let you know I have been praying for you. I know it has been extremely difficult/emotional weeek with Father's Day and Andrew's graduation ...and the service this friday. Don't feel like you have to respond, just know we are thinking of you.

conan

Last edited by conan1017; 06-19-2007 at 07:11 PM.

Closed Thread