It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
Kim....today...June 23rd

I dont really have a lot to say...just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and praying for strength for you and your boys as you go through what I am sure will be one of the most difficult days of your lives...

sending you lots of hugs.....

Old 06-23-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
(female)

postiemayer HB User
Re: Kim....today...June 23rd

Me too Kim, thinking about you today. Told my husband today about Stan. He said, it felt like we knew you both. Nothing much to say other than holding you in our hearts. Peace be with you and those special boys of yours.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
(male)

conan1017 HB User

Kim-

As I was working in my yard yesterday I just kept praying for God to comfort you and the boys. I hope that Stan's service has etched special memories in your minds and hearts. He must have been great guy to be so loved by his family.

conan

Old 06-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User

Hi Everyone....
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts...Oh, words cannot express enough how comforting and touching Stan's service and reception turned out yesterday. We had 300 friends/family show up for the service. We have a very small family so it was about 270 friends...amazing. It was a relief, but at the same time I was sad, but Stan died knowing how much love we are surrounded by and it really showed at the service and reception. My mom will be with us until July 2nd so that will be my real test when she drives away, but I also think I will need some space by then. We are planning two vacations and we just found out Andrew is going to Cal State Fullerton...yes! (Stan graduated from there so will mean a lot to Andrew)
I am tired and want to try to get some rest. Again, thanks my dear friends. I miss my Stan, but hold him so close to my heart and thoughts that I feel like he should be calling my name or walk in the door, but must remind myself he is no longer going to do that.
Kim

Old 06-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Hi Kim
It is wonderful to see the love and devotion of the family and friends that Stan had in his life. What a wonderful testament to the life he lived. I am sure that fills you and the boys with great pride to have so may confirm what a wonderful man Stan was.
Having Andrew accepted to the same college that Stan went to is just a wonderful thing, and the timing couldn't be better to hear that news. I know Stan must be so proud of you and his sons.
I pray that God grants you much peace and comfort in the days and weeks ahead.
Many Hugs
Faith

Closed Thread