It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
(female)

Golden Eyes HB User
Re: New to the Board

Hi,

I am new to this board. Never thought I would EVER be in a lung cancer board, I have a history of breast cancer, I had a recurrence last summer. Stage III... This yr, I had some problems, pain, shortness of breath, persistant cough... I was almost finished with my Herceptin treatments, Had follow up scans, PET and Cat Scans, showed nodule on my upper left lung. I NEVER smoked a day in my life. I had two lung biopsies done... My surgery is scheduled in 2 weeks It was caught early, only 1 cm I was told. So that means I am stage I The Surgeon will also remove surrounding lymphnodes . This is so new to me. Lung cancer. I dont know anything about it, My mom was very heavy smoker... she died from lung cancer in 1993... Dr seems to think that I have 2nd hand smoke... So I have so many questions, so upset, afraid.......I will ;be back..... Thank you for your time.....

Old 09-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
Re: I am new to this board.

Hi GoldenEyes
Sorry to hear of your return to cancer. Always a hard blow when that happens. Gee I hate this disease.
My doctors aren't even 100% certain that my lung cancer is from smoking. THey say it can come from anywhere. Of course having smoked, I'd bet smoking was it!
For your doctor to say it was second hand smoke definetly is just not correct.
As a breast cancer survivor, or a colon cancer survivor, or any other type of cancer survivor.....cancer can often return in the lung or brain. It's just the nature of the beast. When I was diagnosed, my brochoscopy result said lung cancer, possible primary location breast or colon.
So I wouldn't even go placing any blame for it anywhere. 20% of lung cancers have no known cause. It happens, like all cancer. Blame is never a good idea for any cancer. We face it. We fight it. We win.
I'm ecstatic to hear yours was found at such an early stage though! Oh how many of us would love to be stage I!!!! I've been fighting stage IV since December 2006 and it is a long hard road I'll tell you.
I pray you well come out victorious, and bring hope to these boards.
Be Well. Be Blessed.
Faith

Last edited by HELLASRULES; 09-10-2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread