It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
(female)

worrieddil HB User
cancer mets to the lung

I am new and was wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this. My mother in law had a hysterectomy 7 years ago for uterine cancer. The doctor at the time said she was cancer free and did not need any chemo or radiation. Late last year it was discovered that she had 4 tumors on her lungs which had spread from her uterine cancer 7 years previous. She went through a round of chemo and they seemed to shrink. We were told she could not have radiation because of the positions of them... that it would damage her healthy lungs. She just completed a different 6 week cycle of chemo, had her follow up scan and the doctors are saying the tumors have grown!! My mother in law doesn't say a lot about what type or stage the cancer is. They're going to try her back on the original chemo, but it doesn't sound good to me. Any thoughts?

Old 09-22-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User
Re: cancer mets to the lung

hi sorry you are going through this....

I dont know a whole lot..I am sure that others can be helpful. I dont want to give you incorrect information.

But...as far as Stage and type goes... if it is Uterine cancer that metasized to the lungs...then it is uterine cancer that has traveled...if so then my understanding would be stage IV Uterine cancer b/c it has traveled to another organ...you can do reading on the internet of how they stage cancer.

The other possibility is that it is Lung Cancer with a whole new primary....
If they have done testing or a biopsy they should know. If it is a new primary and lung cancer... If it is in both lungs...we are back to Stage IV
becasue the primary tumor cancer cells have travelled outside of the original location and into the other lung...considered a separate organ... if it is only in one lung...you would have to know if it has gotten to lymph nodes or anywhere outside that lung... without that...it could be any stage....

thoughts and prayers the the doctors are able to get this undercontrol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread