It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
(female)

mishymay3 HB User
Dad just passed, mother in law just diagnosed

For those of you who have read or replied to my posts, my father just passed from NSCLC October 4th. Needless to say, I am still trying to deal with the loss of my dad. Now, today, we just found out my mother in law has lung cancer, non operable. All I know is it is in at least one lymph node. She had breast cancer 8 years ago, had a mastectomy. She is so thin already. She told my husband that she is not going to have chemo. I haven't talked with her yet. I will talk to her tomorrow. I can't believe this is happening to our family again. My children are going to be absolutely devestated. They don't know yet. They weren't close to my dad. This is completely different. They see their grandmom every weekend.

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2007, 08:52 AM   #2
(female)

bkerber HB User
Re: Dad just passed, mother in law just diagnosed

Michelle, Im so sorry to hear that news. What a blow to your family. I hope you can find the strength you and your husband will need.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
(female)

mishymay3 HB User

Thank you. I spent the day with my MIL and she has small cell lung cancer. She goes to the oncologist on Thursday. She wants us to wait until she obviously looks ill before we tell the children. I am so dreading this. I am very close to her as well. I can't believe this is happening to our family again. I guess on Thursday they will tell her when she will get a PET scan, etc. I do know that small cell is worse than NSCLC. Can anyone tell me anything about small cell? My dad had NSCLC so I am an expert on that, but unsure of small cell. Thank you.

peace and comfort to you all,
Michelle

Old 10-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #4
(female)

turbo58 HB User

Michelle: I am deeply sorry to hear about your Dad. You ARE in my prayers everyday. You have also been supportive to us here on the board and I know this is not easy for you. I pray you have the strength and guidance you need. This demon cancer is not easy to deal with. Keep us posted on how YOU are doing and how things will go with mother in law. Bless you.

Closed Thread