It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
(female)

julie99 HB User
My brother is gone.

I have been posting on here about my brother's cancer which metestasized from his lung.
He passed away last Saturday.
A pastor who had been coming to see him every Saturday night, came and prayed for him and sang him a song.
I think he was at peace right after this and just went to sleep.

He had been restless earlier in the week, but they gave him more medicine so he had been sleeping a lot.

I prayed for his healing but after the last time I saw him I prayed the Lord would not let him lay there and suffer any more.

I'm still upset about the doctor not listening to him and running tests on him, but I will not dwell on this any more.

Everyone remember-- This is your body! If you feel like the doctors need to run tests, make them! Don't give up until they do.
I don't know if this would have made a difference or not, but I know he wouldn't have had to suffer so long.

He's resting in Heaven now.

Julie

Old 11-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
(female)

hpybtms HB User
Re: My brother is gone.

I am so sorry to hear of your brother. My thoughts, prayers and hugs to you and your family during this time. My only advice is to take one day at a time.

Remember to appreciate, validate and tell your loved ones you love them before it's too late

In memory of Pops! Aug 7, 1948 to Aug 26, 2007 SCLC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 06:01 AM   #3
(female)

mishymay3 HB User

I'm also very sorry for the loss of your brother. How old was he? That's the only way I get through my loss is to take one day at a time and to know he is not suffering anymore. My dad passed October 4th from NSCLC. He was diagnosed in February, so it was only 9months. It was a nightmare. We just found out my mother-in-law has small cell lung cancer. She knew when my father was being buried but didn't want to tell us yet. So, we're getting ready for another battle with this horrifying disease. I pray that she makes it through because I don't know if my children could recover.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
(female)

charlies girl HB User

" Watch that evening star and he is with you "
God bless

Old 11-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

carol1961 HB User

I am so sorry for your loss...many thoughts and prayers are with you and yur family

Old 11-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #6
(female)

julie99 HB User

Thank you for your words of condolence.
My brother was just 53 yrs. old. He had smoked all his
life until 3 years ago. He had also worked in a plant where
they used chlorine, and they were smoking in that room. I don't know how long they allowed the smoking until someone told them they couldn't do that it was very dangerous.
His cancer was non-small cell. The doctor said it was the good kind. I'd hate to see the bad.

Yes, tell your loved ones how much you care before it's too late. We told him and he knew we were all pulling for him.
His wife is at home tonight for the first time, alone.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
(female)

feetofclay HB User

Dear Julie,

My thoughts are with you. My husband also had lung surgery in December of 2006 and he has returned to work, but is has never been out of pain. The pain seems to come from his right side and the doctor just seems to dismiss it. The cancer had spread to his Lymph Nodes however they did the surgery anyway. He recently started having joint pain in his hands, shoulders, back and rib cage. I had to take him back to the doctor to have them do a Bone Scan today. We know that based on the last CT Scan that they saw another spot and enlarged lymph node, but the doctor will not test him. He basically said because of his last reaction to chemo. he can not have anymore treatments. The feel confused and lost.

My husband is 55 years old and we have two teenage daughters. Our oldest daughter just left for college in the Fall and the other will graduate from High School next Spring.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Janmarie2 HB User

Julie,

You have my deepest sympathies in the loss of your brother. I hope you and the rest of the family can find comfort in one another. I don't think you ever really get over the loss of a loved one but rather it becomes a part of you and you carry it the rest of your own life. Bless you, JanMarie

Closed Thread