It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Janmarie2 HB User
How are you Faith?

Hi Faith, I was just thinking of you and wondering how you are doing. I have not seen any posts by you the last couple of times I came here for a peek so I am worried. I hope you are doing ok and that the fatigue from chemo is not doing you in. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers. JanMarie

Old 11-20-2007, 07:04 AM   #2
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User
Re: How are you Faith?

Hi Janmarie,
I know from reading her posts on this board that you and Faith have shared alot on here and she would want you to know how she is. I know she always values the info she got from you and the others.
Faith has been in the hospital for 2 weeks with severe back pain that has now moved to her abdomen. They did radiation on her back thinking that would help the mets but I don't think it has much. They are now doing tests to find out what is causing the pain in her abdomen, she has liver mets too so that may be the reason? Her sister is there with her almost 24/7 so shes not alone and our group keeps in contact with her. We were hoping that she would be home for Thanksgiving but its not looking good. I am so sorry to have to pass this type of info on, but I didn't want to leave you and the rest of her friends here hanging, she would want you to know. Please send up a prayer or two for our friend if you are so inclined, k?
Conni

Last edited by 1awesomegranny; 11-20-2007 at 01:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1awesomegranny View Post
Hi Janmarie,
I know from reading her posts on this board that you and Faith have shared alot on here and she would want you to know how she is. I know she always values the info she got from you and the others.
Faith has been in the hospital for 2 weeks with severe back pain that has now moved to her abdomen. They did radiation on her back thinking that would help the mets but I don't think it has much. They are now doing tests to find out what is causing the pain in her abdomen, she has liver mets too so that may be the reason. Her sister is there with her almost 24/7 so shes not alone and our group keeps in contact with her. We were hoping that she would be home for Thanksgiving but its not looking good; they are saying she can't go home alone. I am so sorry to have to pass this type of info on, but I didn't want to leave you and the rest of her friends here hanging, she would want you to know. Please send up a prayer or two for our friend if you are so inclined, k?
Conni
Thank you so much Awesomegranny for passing word on how Faith is doing. We ave all been so concerned and so proud of her strenghth and words of encouragement to others dealing with this horrible disease. I have been checking the posts daily for any info on how she was doing and was concerned perhaps she may be worse after those chemo sessions. She wasn't feeling well with them and also they would knock her resistance down.

Such a wonderful and caring woman is Faith she has been missed for sure. I will say many prayer's for our dear friend. I also appreciate you letting us know and perhaps you could continue keeping us posted? I was most worried about her being on her own with this, my mother passed away 2 years ago from sclc and I know she would not have been capable of looking after herself, I was moms care giver and it gave her comfort knowing someone was there with her. Sounds like Faith has a great group of friends like yourself. It is also a releif to know her sister is there with her. How sad this is.

Please give her my love and let her know we think of her everyday.

Thank you
Patti

Last edited by ebrena; 11-20-2007 at 12:08 PM.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

I sure will! Talked to her earlier and shes holding her own, still some pain. I came on this board looking for info on Lung cancer shortly after she was diagnosed and seen some of her posts, and I know alot of you here have the same bond several of us formed on the meno board. You are absolutely right...she is one of most wonderful caring women I know. I know shes chomping at the bit to get back here and tell you all this herself!
Take Care,
Conni

Old 11-20-2007, 08:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User

I also want to thank you for posting.. I was concerned as well...
I am relieved to hear she has friends such as you to look after her...I and I know others have been concerned about her being alone....it is good to know that someone is in contact with her and can update us as to how she is doing!

we are chomping at the bit to have her and her wonderful spirit back here!!

please tell her that we are all thinking about her and praying for her...
I am so sorry that she is in pain...I hope the doctors will be able to relieve her of that soon and that she would be able to return home

thank you again

Old 11-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #6
(female)

mishymay3 HB User

Thank you so much for posting Awesome Granny and thank you JanMarie for asking about Faith. I have been checking daily and looking for a post from Faith also. She sure is a special lady. Please tell her that we are all praying for her and thinking of her daily. I also was very concerned that she was alone. I was even thinking of some way I could help her. Thanks again for posting.
Michelle

Old 11-21-2007, 01:20 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Janmarie2 HB User

Conni,

Thank you so very much for the info on Faith. I do not come here everyday anymore but when I do come I always check for posts from Faith and so I noticed she had not been on for awhile and I was afraid that maybe she had ended up in the hospital, Darn I hate being right!

Please let her know that I am thinking of her and hope she does not have to be in the hospital much longer. I hope they can find the source of her pain and get her comfortable as no one should have to be in pain. My mom had many liver mets but hers never got to the point where they caused her any pain. I am very thankful for that. I do pray for Faith every day.

I think Faith has been a real inspiration to many here and when she does not post she is missed by many.I am so thankful that you have let us all know why she has not been on and I am sure she is in everyones prayers tonight so thank you. If you visit her give her a big hug from me.JanMarie

Old 11-22-2007, 05:48 PM   #8
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Another update....I got this from another friend of ours who talked to Faith today....they found out what was causing some of the back pain...she has a broken rib up by the shoulder blade that is caused by a tumor. She may get to go home but the problem with that is then she would have to come back in for radiation and since she can't drive it is difficult. She is still throwing up every morning and they don't know whats causing that but I do know shes on heavy duty meds and she doesn't tolerate them well so that could be it or the pain I guess. Did not hear anything else about the stomach pain. Thats as much as I know right now, will try to keep you posted. Hopefully one day I'll have a better update for you, God willing. Thank you all so much, I know Faith welcomes all prayers and good thoughts.
Conni

Old 11-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Another update....I got this from another friend of ours who talked to Faith today....they found out what was causing some of the back pain...she has a broken rib up by the shoulder blade that is caused by a tumor. She may get to go home but the problem with that is then she would have to come back in for radiation and since she can't drive it is difficult. She is still throwing up every morning and they don't know whats causing that but I do know shes on heavy duty meds and she doesn't tolerate them well so that could be it or the pain I guess. Did not hear anything else about the stomach pain. Thats as much as I know right now, will try to keep you posted. Hopefully one day I'll have a better update for you, God willing. Thank you all so much, I know Faith welcomes all prayers and good thoughts.
Conni

Thanks 1awesomegranny for the update. It doesn't sound like she should be going home, especially living on her own. My mom was on antinausea meds so she never got sick that way. I don't like the sound of that broken rib, must hurt her terribly? It is just so sad that anyone has to fight this fight. My prayers are plenty for her that she gets back to herself again soon.

The following user gives a hug of support to ebrena:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to ebrena For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 11-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #10
(female)

1awesomegranny HB User

Hello Everyone,
Just thought I would update you, Faith is home but yesterday the doctors told her there was no more they could do. She is getting lined up with hospice and her sister is still there with her. Another friend of ours that talked to her today said shes been sleeping alot and not able to be on the computer at all because of the pain.
Thats all I know for now.
Thank you for all your prayers,
Conni

Old 11-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
Just thought I would update you, Faith is home but yesterday the doctors told her there was no more they could do. She is getting lined up with hospice and her sister is still there with her. Another friend of ours that talked to her today said shes been sleeping alot and not able to be on the computer at all because of the pain.
Thats all I know for now.
Thank you for all your prayers,
Conni
Sad news but I thank you for the honest update with whatever news you have as we are all very concerned. I feel like I know her and felt her fighting fury throughout this awful-awful illness and now it just feels like it doesn't matter how strong you are, this disease is ferocious. When my mom started sleeping alot, thats when I knew she realized she was defeated. She was a power house throughout her illness too and was so positive for so long. It was either the disease was winning or God was determined to have her back. I used to tell her that we had her for 12 years after my brother and my dad passed away in 1993, and now they need her again. She would stare off and say "I guess so ,honey".

Old 12-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User

yes thank you so much for the update... tha tis so hard to hear though after all she has been through and has always had the most positive atitude throughout...and always cared and was concerned about what was going on with with rest of us in spite of all she was personally going through...

please send her my regards and I will pray for relief for her from the pain that she is in and that hospice will be able to help her with that....she doesnt deserve this...no one does...

thank you again the updates though sad are greatly appreciated

Old 12-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #13
(female)

mishymay3 HB User

As everyone else has said, thank you very much for the honest update on Faith. Extremely hard new to hear, indeed. Please tell her she is in my prayers. What a dreadful disease. I feel somewhat better to know she has her sister with her. I pray that her pain becomes much less.

Thank you again.
Michelle

Old 12-02-2007, 02:44 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Janmarie2 HB User

Conni, Thanks once again for the update on Faith. I am so sorry to hear of her turn of events. I hope that hospice can get control of her pain. I know many here miss her bright spirit and are saying prayers for her. I think she knows that without anyone telling her. I am so glad that we have you to keep us updated on her condition as it is so much harder when someone suddenly stops posting and all we can do is assume what happened to them. If yo do happen to visit her give her a big hug for me.JanMarie

Closed Thread