It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #31
(female)

rabbit8163 HB User
Re: Is this cancer?

Hi heartbeat 3, I understand your anxiety. I had breast cancer in 2006 and now every time something happens my first thought is recurrence. I have especiallybeen worried because I have had cough for a year and a half now, lots of test and different drugs and nothing seems to be working. I had a ct of the chest and it showed that I have a lung nodule, I go back soon for another ct to be sure that the nodule isn't growing. But anyway the reason I'm posting is this, have you been tested for asthma, emphysema, or bronchitis? I have asthma (and the doctors think chronic bronchitis) but a lot of the symptoms you are asking about are some of the same ones I put with everyday. When my asthma is flaring it gives me a bad backache in the shoulders and inbetween. Just a suggestion. But think about it and good luck

Old 11-18-2008, 07:02 PM   #32
(male)

heartbeat3 HB User

rabbit 8163, if i were to have a chronic bronchitis, can't it bee seen from the xray and ct scan? secondly, what are the symptoms that you are facing that is similiar to mine? thirdly, will bronchitis lead to lung cancer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2008, 05:35 AM   #33
(female)

rabbit8163 HB User

I'm not sure about being seen on ct, the doctor did a broncoscopy to diagnose my chronic bronchitis. the symptoms that I am referring to are the things like back pain, tight chest, heavy chest, and breathlessness. Look up the symptoms on these three diseases and see if it fits. I don't think bronchitis leads to lung cancer but I'm not a doctor.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:34 PM   #34
(male)

heartbeat3 HB User

Can anyone tell me whether having bronchitis, can it be seen on the ct scan. When i am taking a deep breath, my strenum strains a little.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:05 AM   #35
(male)

heartbeat3 HB User

Also, just checking, there is no way that the doctor can mislook an x-ray? if she did mislook an xray, it should be detected by the ct scan right?? eventhough it is a small dot on the xray?

Old 11-25-2008, 05:40 AM   #36
(male)

heartbeat3 HB User

My ribs are aching. What the hell is going on??

Old 11-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #37
(male)

heartbeat3 HB User

hello guys,

i am wondering, i have a lympth node underneath my armpit for quite sometime now, what must i do??? it has been there for about 2 years. i recently read somewhere that there could be potential cancer cells there and thats why it becomes a lympth node. how do i get rid of this? must i do a biopsy? any natural remedies?

Old 12-02-2008, 06:21 AM   #38
(male)

heartbeat3 HB User

heeeellllllllllooooooooo anybody there??? ribs still aching!!! wats up??

Old 12-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #39
(male)

heartbeat3 HB User

HELP!! I've got no one to talk to. Pls talk to me!!

Old 12-05-2008, 12:05 AM   #40
(male)

heartbeat3 HB User

hi, i still get tired easily sometimes, out of the blue. Is this peculiar?

Old 12-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #41
(male)

CELGB HB User

i am curious as to why people would rather draw a possible serious illness out instead of going for extensive tests to rule this out?

is there something underlying that causes these people to draw a problem out as in scared or unaware of how to or is it an attention thing?

of course nameless but some people on the site may have actual medical training some obviously dont however no doctor will offer to treat or diagnose online simply because of the many variables that can happen in the medical world due to miss information and simply not being able to see the diagnosis in person

sometimes the best thing to do for long underlying illness is to bite the bullett so to speak and go book into either a hospital or dr's office and get many extensive tests it realy is the only way to know

Old 12-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #42
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

Heartbeat,

I gave up answering your posts a while ago because everything i advised you didnt seem to sink in. Like the last poster said, there is no point worrying and not doing anything about it, you need to go to a Doctor tell him your worries and insist on being checked from head to toe if you have to. Then if the Doc says nothing wrong you need to get some pyschiatric help as i think you are suffering from severe anxiety. I hope you sort it all out. Good luck

Old 12-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #43
(female)

celes01 HB User

Worrying is the worse thing you can do....You need to see the docter! Ask the docter! Then go from there....But don't worry, worrying will not change anything except give you depression.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #44
(male)

heartbeat3 HB User

I did everything that i am asked to do. I did an x-ray on the 1/11/08. i did a ct scan on 10/11/08. i will be doing a stress test on 18/12/08. i did a test to see how much oxygen in the lungs on 1/11/08. Everything ok. I recently found out that there is another test to do, lung capacity test, do determine whether i do have lung desease. The stress test will determine whether it is a heart desease. i also read online that aching at the chest wall, means there is a possibility of tumour at the ribs. when i did the ct scan there was no pain at chest walls. Only now, slight strains. After i went for accupunture, the person pressed on the pressure points, now the pain is so much lesser. The question, what u guys think i am having? i feel that i have a problem with the lung bcoz it started with me smoking too much, then my lung just feel heavy. Then chest pains started. In the centre.It was so pain that i slept on my chest and i can feel my heart beating really hard. I can even hear my heartbeat. Of course, my condition now is much better than 44 days ago. I still don't understand, i can walk up 20 floors at my condominium, but when i run a little, i feel that my lungs is shaking. i am really fragile now. Previously, after the chest pain, i could not sleep on the side, now it is better. i could sleep on the sides, but not too long. i could feel stress or maybe it is the mind that is talking. Can it be that the tumour is now growing after i done the ct scan?? whats the odds of that happening? must be pretty unlucky then.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #45
(male)

chaz50 HB User

I have had my fair share of dealing with lung cancer, there is not one symptom that you described that would point to lung cancer. Especially the weight gain, unexplained weight loss is a different issue. I think you have a anxiety problem, you might want to see a doctor about your anxiety about being very ill. I think this anxiety is giving you symptoms of different problems. I however am not a doctor.

Closed Thread