It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2008, 05:20 AM   #1
(female)

nice2nou422 HB User
Question Scared for my friend

I have a friend who is 44 yrs old. She was diagnosed with lung cancer in "07" the tumors run through her lungs in such a way that radiation will do no good. She is now on her 5th chemo drug. The first chemo drug showed 50% reduction in the tumors...but it soon stopped working. The Drs have moved on to other chemo drugs ..one being oral. None of these are working. She is truly a brave sole and fighting this with all she has. I know this was brought on by HPV virus which seems so very odd, considering lung cancer does not go hand in hand with HPV. I ask my Dr about this and she claims it just can't be true....I'm clueless. The tumors are now going at a fairly rapid rate and the Drs have given her 6 mo's if they keep growing at this rate...can or does anyone know about HPV and lung cancer? She has carried the virus since birth and had benign tumors removed from her vocal cords at three yrs old. I'm so sad for her and I pray there is hope. If anyone can help me understand this..I appreciate your input.

Thank you

Old 11-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #2
(female)

kafish67 HB User
Re: Scared for my friend

what kind of lung cancer does your friend have? I know the hpv virus is responsible for some oral cancers(tongue, tonsil etc), as well as cervical, penile and rectal cancer. I believe it affects the squamous cells. I've never heard of a link between lung cancer and hpv, but i know that oral cancer caused by hpv, if at an advanced stage, can metastasize to the lungs. So I guess I understand your concern. Im sorry your friend is going through this. It sucks regardless of what causes it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2008, 05:47 AM   #3
(female)

nice2nou422 HB User
Re: Scared for my friend

My friend has lung cancer...I'm not sure of the different stages, types etc......she never goes into that. I of course never question her, because she is dealing with so very much. She said there are several tumors through out her entire lungs...its not a matter of one or two...but many. Her oncologist is simply doing all he can for her...as this is so very rare...I did ask her if she would consider a second opinon in this and she said no.she feels as if her oncologist is the best.....so I didn't push the subject. When all of this first started....an MRI found the tumors in the lungs...at that point the Dr felt there was no need for a biopsy..he was certain the tumors were not cancer...but he did tell my friend she could have a biopsy done to put her mind at ease, the biopsy came back cancer...she was dumb founded.....The Dr said this is HPV related...so odd...she has a CT scan about every 4 mo's....she is due another one in about a month....if this (chemo) drug shows no progress....I don't know what is left...she is running out of time....four out of five chemo drugs have shown no progess....I can only pray this drug will help her as this is breaking my heart....

Closed Thread