It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
(female)

nana99 HB User
lost 90% use of arm from nscl

husband has had lung cancer since Jul 2005 He was doing good till Dec 2007 when cancer moved to supraclavicular gland. He had radiation and it shrunk back to its normal size, he has lots of arm pain for the last 3 months. His ct scan shows its 4.5cm in diameter and he has another tumor 4.6cm on his right lung ,meeting with his oncologist next week to find out what is going on. Just wondering if any one has the same problem as my husband, he can't lift his arm and his head is leaning towards his shoulder as if its being pulled that way.He can only move his fingers, the last few weeks have noticed that he sleeps lots has no energy and is having problems breathing.
Have been reading the boards for three years but don't post much. Sometime i think my whole world is caving in and i'm going to wakeup and its all going to be a dream.
Thank you and my thought and prayers to everyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
(female)

nana99 HB User
Re: lost 90% use of arm from nscl

HAS ANYONE HAD RADIATION SITTING UP?
We just found out from my husbands oncologist that the tumor in his lung grow out the back of his lung, invaded his shoulder and wrapped itself around the nerves in the shoulder. They tried to give him radiation last week but he could not lie flat on the table as the pain was so bad(HE SLEEPS SITTING UP) Sent him home and said they will talk with ongologist to see if he can get radiation with his head raised a little.
The last few days he thinks the tumor is growing towards his airway as he feels he has a lump when he swollows, its also getting harder for him to breath. Sure hope they phone this week because i'm really worried about him and he will not go to the emergency.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #3
(female)

larsen2441 HB User
Re: lost 90% use of arm from nscl

My husband has nsclc and he is recieving Taceva for his lung cancer which spread to his arm pit

Closed Thread