It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
(female)

muff22 HB User
lung nodules

if you have multiple nodules on the lung does that mean cancer or what does it mean

Old 02-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
(female)

muff22 HB User
Re: lung nodules

if you have multiple nodules on lung does that mean you have cancer or what does it mean

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
(female)

youthdew1941 HB User
Re: lung nodules

Sierra Leone chap of 58 yrs he smokes and had very poor diet as a child .He got a bad viral infection /flu xmas 2007 sent to GP WHO GAVE HIM AMMOXILLIN for a week the he had to go back to his work by 14th Jan 2008 sent for xrays and blood test .He has a youths figure very slim/medium chest small but not skinny .His spit had blood in it ,the pain in his lungs was unbearable .he was very cold needed heat ,and weak ,he couldnt walk but crawl to the loo.went for xray in London when they spotted nodule in right lower lobe .he hadblood test ,xrays ,pet scans over the year never a sputum test and malignancy was 90/o cancer we were informed but with slow but apparent growth it needed to be removed and sent to histology for prognosis .He had no more symptoms once the flu left him and he had to get back to work by 14 Jan 2008.He was told about it being a malignant nodule but one appreared to be in the middle lobe then the upper lobe by 31dec2008 advisewd he must have a toracotomy and lobectomy superior and middle thas what he had surgery on 6th Feb .we underwent hell thinking about his chances prognosis for how long etc .today 2March histoly is back after all that op he is able to walk around and shows little sign of major surgery only I am taking care of him and giving him time to recouperate from the op .all nodules were non malignant but no sigm of cancerbut possible old scars from TB .We do not know any answers of neglect of proper diagnosis but why not a biopsy rather than remove 2 3rds of his lung .they are having a multi disciplinary team discussion .He has big scar all under his shoulder blade on his back ,and had two irrigation tubes to collect fluid after the op for two weeks in his front lower rt rib area .He was made redundant only a week befor xmas so double jeoprady .why wait a year? why no small biopsy why such a big removal of a barething organ and why TB after the op not seen or thought about sooner .assumption middleage smaoker nodule cancer ,what about TB not being infectious and being old therefore necessary removal before thay new it wasnt cancer ?Is this a case of malpractice getting us to sign to operate because we were told it was 90 per cent malignant in their opinion no thought or investigation of viral infection which did not spread to me his wife ,a caucasion fat female war baby !what to do next who to listen to this is whhy I am searching the internet for suggestions knowledge on lung disorders and why can they make such a big bloomer TB we were offered 6 months of antibiotic drugs ,may have some side effects which may be detrimental perhaps to liver etc .He has no cough no phlegm no pain no loss of weight no breathlessness so for three nodules he underwent major surgery .for nothing it were wellleft alone we think .we will keep the borad informed if only I knew how to start a thread on medical diagnosis **** ups !we have gone through so much anxiety and will making and setting things up for long term illness etc what help this is to you ?nodules on my throat ,didnt remove my troat but removed non malignant nodules after histology !

Closed Thread