It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

nakayla16 HB User
how long will i live with stage 4 lung cancer

how long will i live with stage 4 lung cancer

Old 03-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User
Re: how long will i live with stage 4 lung cancer

Hi Nakayla first off I am really sorry about your stage 4 diagnoses. You did not say if it is small cell or non small cell? My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer in 2005. I don't want to say what she went through, you will too. DR's can give their predictions of time-but there is always hope they could be wrong. I will say that as my mom received radiation treatment she went downhill very fast, but that is not always the way with everyone, it depends on where you are getting treatment and what treatment you will be getting You are most likely very scared as was my mom. I hope you have someone, at least one person who will be there to support you. I was my mom's caregiver and saw what she went through. Both my mom and myself were very comforted by having each other to go through it all together. I am so glad that I was there for her, she was a funny, youthful 71 year old-she was so strong through the whole journey. I couldn't believe it, always said there were people worse off than her! Wow. I loved her so very much and I hope you are comforted with love and support. My mom wanted me to be honest with her through it all, it was hard for me-but I always told her the honest truth about her tests and what would happen next-we had a very open relationship. I will be thinking about you Nakayla with warm hugs.

Last edited by ebrena; 03-02-2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: addition

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User
Re: how long will i live with stage 4 lung cancer

NOONE has told me any kind of time limit situaton at all.

DX was just this past Jan 5. non-small cell lung cancer stage 4 and a couple spin off brain tumors, which have received a lot of daily spot radiation to the brain and weekly chemo to the lung as well as 6 Cyber-Knife surgeries to the brain.
Brain tumors press on optic nerve messing up sight but thats how
I discovered the cancer. the vison was a sudden unexpected mess

dr said all my tumers are smaller now after theses few months constant treatments
BUT NOONE has told me sny kind of "You'll live" time limit situaton at all.

Last edited by snowmelts; 03-30-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Closed Thread