It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
(female)

angelhugs HB User
chemo and lung cancer

I have stage 3b non small cell lung cancer. I did chemo and radiation for about two months and had to stop. I ended up in the hospital three times. It has been almost two months now, and the doctor wants me to start chemo again but not the radiation. He said that without chemo I have about 6-9 months left to live. With it, about 5 extra months longer. I feel so much better not being on chemo. I just feel fatigued and sometimes chest pain. I am going back to work next week and that is when he wants to start it again. I love my job at the nursing home and want to work. I wont be able to on chemo. It made me so very sick last time. I would rather have quality of life than quantity. Besides. who knows. I could live a lot longer than that. I have a family member who is very angry at me for not wanting to do chemo.Any suggestions? Any advice? Any personal experience here that someone could give to me? Any medical advice? I need to let the doctor know by Friday. Please help me.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User
Re: chemo and lung cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelhugs View Post
I have stage 3b non small cell lung cancer. I did chemo and radiation for about two months and had to stop. I ended up in the hospital three times. It has been almost two months now, and the doctor wants me to start chemo again but not the radiation. He said that without chemo I have about 6-9 months left to live. With it, about 5 extra months longer. I feel so much better not being on chemo. I just feel fatigued and sometimes chest pain. I am going back to work next week and that is when he wants to start it again. I love my job at the nursing home and want to work. I wont be able to on chemo. It made me so very sick last time. I would rather have quality of life than quantity. Besides. who knows. I could live a lot longer than that. I have a family member who is very angry at me for not wanting to do chemo.Any suggestions? Any advice? Any personal experience here that someone could give to me? Any medical advice? I need to let the doctor know by Friday. Please help me.
my husband had the same thing. he went through chemo and he pretty good with it. and then months later it spread and more chemo was done. clinical trial and it made him so weak and he stop. started again . we want the best for you. but tell friend you understand about her wanting you to do it. but with seeing my husband getting weaker and weaker with it. we stoped it. but you have to be the one to make that decision. if it helps. I agree with you. enjoy the time you have. god bless you. My hubby and I where together for 40 years. he went peacefuly. take care. and there is someone in NC that is thinking of you. disney world

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
(female)

angelhugs HB User

Thank you for being so kind. A woman who found out what I was going through contacted me about seeing another doctor. He is into natural medicine and has taken in people with cancer who the doctors have given up on and has cured them. He is also gifted in healing. This woman and her husband have a lot of money and are going to set up the appointment(which can take 8 months to see him because he is so successful, but getting me in sooner), they are going to pay for my doctor visits and any meds or anything I need. This doctor and his staff are all Christians, which means a lot to me since I am too. I AM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED. This just fell into my lap at just the right moment.
Thank you so much for replying to my message. You dont know what that means to me.
Much love and blessings to you!

Old 06-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelhugs View Post
Thank you for being so kind. A woman who found out what I was going through contacted me about seeing another doctor. He is into natural medicine and has taken in people with cancer who the doctors have given up on and has cured them. He is also gifted in healing. This woman and her husband have a lot of money and are going to set up the appointment(which can take 8 months to see him because he is so successful, but getting me in sooner), they are going to pay for my doctor visits and any meds or anything I need. This doctor and his staff are all Christians, which means a lot to me since I am too. I AM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED. This just fell into my lap at just the right moment.
Thank you so much for replying to my message. You dont know what that means to me.
Much love and blessings to you!
im so happy for you. god bless you. a friend last friday . we didnt think she was told she wouldnt leave the hospital. guess what?????????????/ shes going home Monday. so the doctor said they have nothing to do with it. god step in. so go for it. love a new friend that cares. love faye disney world

Closed Thread