It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
(female)

PATSY2103 HB User
how long can my husband survive with small cell lung cancer that has spread to the sp

how long can my husband survive with small cell lung cancer that has spread to the spine and pelvic

Old 06-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thisworld HB User
Re: how long can my husband survive with small cell lung cancer that has spread to th

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATSY2103 View Post
how long can my husband survive with small cell lung cancer that has spread to the spine and pelvic
thats a hard question. my husband had lung cancer and then spread to his stomach. at the end to weak for more chemo and he lasted about 3 months. my heart goes out to you. I spent 4 months in the hospital with him. we where together 40 years. he was my life. please take care of yourself. disney

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
(female)

Mrs. E HB User
Re: how long can my husband survive with small cell lung cancer that has spread to th

Sorry to hear about your husband. Unfortunately until my sister was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer I didn't realize how each cancer is individual and not one is the same so of course naturally they can't tell us much. When her cancer was diagnosed it had metastisized to her liver, adrenalyn gland and they thought maybe to the brain. She had chemo and then full radiation to the head as a precaution for brain cancer. Unfortunately she only lived approximately 1 year and passed this February. But there is always hope, stories keep popping up of almost a miracle so I say stay positive because even when my sister was in her final days the doctor said she could also just come out of the situation he'd seen it before so never give up. Try and be strong as I was for my sister so the situation is easier for them because I know they worry about us and they have to save their energy for themselves. Unfortunately I didn't live close to my sister so her husband had to go thru all the treatments with her and he was always positive for her which I am very grateful for even though I know it must be hard. All the best to you and your husband and if you need support there is always this forum which has a lot of caring and informative people.

Closed Thread