It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
(female)

Remcha HB User
Sclc

My girlfriend has small cell lung cancer, she was diagnoised back in January 2009. She has been a trooper but lately she has stopped eating and whenever she does she vomits. She is losing weight fast and she is still doing chemo. Can someone tell me what to expect from here on??? the doctors are doing a trial chemo now and I think they are using her as a test case. She is taking the chemo well considering but I am afraid becasue she is not eating.
Help!!

The following user gives a hug of support to Remcha:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Remcha For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 01-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
(female)

Karen44 HB User
Re: Sclc

I am so sorry about your girlfriend.
Try to get her to take Ensure they also have a protien powder which can be mixed into the Ensure.
Is she on any type of anti emetics(meds for vomitting)?
What is the name of the chemo agent they are giving her?
Has she had any further testing to determine if the cancer has spread?
Prayers go out for your girlfriend!

The following user gives a hug of support to Karen44:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Karen44 For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
(female)

tnydcr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remcha View Post
My girlfriend has small cell lung cancer, she was diagnoised back in January 2009. She has been a trooper but lately she has stopped eating and whenever she does she vomits. She is losing weight fast and she is still doing chemo. Can someone tell me what to expect from here on??? the doctors are doing a trial chemo now and I think they are using her as a test case. She is taking the chemo well considering but I am afraid becasue she is not eating.
Help!!

The following user gives a hug of support to tnydcr:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to tnydcr For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 03-14-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
(female)

tnydcr HB User

Try gatorade before or after chemo sessions. Have her eat small amounts frequently throughout the day. Place only a small amout in front of her. A large plate of food is often overwhelming. Look for a superfood such as super blue green algae or spirillina in tablet or capsule form. This is food and can pack a big nutritional punch. Added to yogurt is good.Try food enzymes with her food to help her digest. This can be challenging but hopefully it will assist her in gradually regaining appetite.

The following user gives a hug of support to tnydcr:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to tnydcr For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 03-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
(female)

Darkbeforedawn HB User

I saw your message just now. How is your girlfriend is doing? Anything is helping her appetite? Chemo is very hard on digestive tract lining. My father has SCLC. He is doing glutamine powder rinses every day that restore the lining. He also is taking digestive enzymes. Please, write back. I'll give you more ditails. My prayers are with you.
Marina.

The following user gives a hug of support to Darkbeforedawn:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkbeforedawn For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 05-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #6
(female)

purple rose HB User

I want to send prayers to you and your girlfriend. I do understand the vomiting - I have been DX with Small cell lung in April 2007. I am still fighting this horrible disease. With God's strength and healing hand I endure all the side effects as best as I can. I know it's not easy, try to enjoy the good days - side effects can be discussed with her Dr.s and maybe a new nausea medicine will help. God bless you both.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #7
(female)

tnydcr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rose View Post
I want to send prayers to you and your girlfriend. I do understand the vomiting - I have been DX with Small cell lung in April 2007. I am still fighting this horrible disease. With God's strength and healing hand I endure all the side effects as best as I can. I know it's not easy, try to enjoy the good days - side effects can be discussed with her Dr.s and maybe a new nausea medicine will help. God bless you both.
I am a 10 year survivor of sclc. I was given 3 months at the time of diagnosis. All I can say is I dont believe any one product has the answer ie shark cartiledge etc. Personally I did a whole body nutritional renovation using the book "The Cancer Battle Plan," for my physical strength and relied on an intimate non wavering faith in Jesus Christ. His word does not come back void for those who believe. I told Him I would always acknowledge Him with my healing testimony.

Closed Thread