It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
(male)

young61 HB User
This is the first day of of the rest of my life

Hello everyone, I don't know if you have reed my other post, But I'm here to tell you to keep the faith, About 7 months ago I was given 3 months to live
because I had advanced Lung and Liver cancer. At first I just came home and called Hospice they came and talked to me. ( Very nice people ) 1 Lady said I looked to good to be dieing, I looked in the mirror and said she was right

I called an Oncologists and even he said he couldn't help me, But I asked him to give me Chemo anyway. He gae me 4 treatements then yesterday send me for a CT scan. Today he told me the cancer is gone. they could not find it anywhere in my body, I know some day it will come back, But it isn't today.
I'm still disabled in other ways, But that isn't going to stop or kill this old man.
God Bless You All and KEEP THE FAITH.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-24-2010 at 07:16 AM.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
(male)

texone3 HB User
Re: This is the first day of of the rest of my life

Congrats!!! I wish I coud be so fortunate. Mine is not just in my liver and lungs but my stomach, colon, and bile ducts. The only chemo they use causes bleeding and I am bleeding bad enough now. But it warms my heart to hear a story like yours, it just shows not to give up.
Peace.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
(female)

angela382010 HB User

thanks you so much for sharing your story. i'm so sorry you had to go though all of that. my dad also has lung cancer that has spread to his liver. the liver is real bad, and i think it in his bones and brain. but he goes in 3 days for his biophy and in 3 more days to have the scan to see if its in his brain. he's not doing good at all. he stays tired all the time now and he can barely walk at all. he said he don't want any treatment but i feel like he should at least try it.

i have shared your story with him and i think its got him thinking about it. thanks so much for sharing your story. i'll keep you in my prayerss and god bless

Last edited by Administrator; 02-24-2010 at 07:29 AM.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

young61 this is wonderful news!
I'm so happy for you!

Old 03-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
(male)

sprang23 HB User

... I've got appointment today to find extent of malignant mole removed 3 wks ago. Not an easy wait, particularly this last nights rest. At least I should actually find out today, and not knowing I feel can almost be the worst... Well, see how it goes. It's the waiting I can't stand. But generally I feel healthy.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
(female)

Nancysgrav HB User

Your story is very incouraging and I wish you much happiness in this life. I feel like you do that this is the first day of the rest of my life. I was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in August 2009. It was such a shock. I went to the Dr. for a cold and he did a chest x-ray to rule out phemonia and found a spot. It was cancer and on oct. 8 the Dr. removed the middle lobe of my lung. There was no lymph node involvement. Thank God. They say I don't need any treatment. I am also a 10 year breast cancer survivor. Deep down I always thought the cancer would come back and my husbands says I "willed" it on myself. I was very lucky this go round but I am terrified that it will come back. I have to have CT scans done every six months for the next 5 years so at least they are watching me closely. Does anyone know what the chances of reoccurance is?

Old 03-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #7
(male)

young61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancysgrav View Post
Your story is very incouraging and I wish you much happiness in this life. I feel like you do that this is the first day of the rest of my life. I was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in August 2009. It was such a shock. I went to the Dr. for a cold and he did a chest x-ray to rule out phemonia and found a spot. It was cancer and on oct. 8 the Dr. removed the middle lobe of my lung. There was no lymph node involvement. Thank God. They say I don't need any treatment. I am also a 10 year breast cancer survivor. Deep down I always thought the cancer would come back and my husbands says I "willed" it on myself. I was very lucky this go round but I am terrified that it will come back. I have to have CT scans done every six months for the next 5 years so at least they are watching me closely. Does anyone know what the chances of reoccurance is?

Closed Thread