It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
(male)

oldcarman HB User
another newbie

I have never smoked but have copd from a farming accident in the 70's. All the coughing of an old coal miner for years. Over the last 6 months I have been weak and tired all the time. Coughing more and more and using my ox more regularly. I have been having chest pains, arm pains, and nausea--so i just had a nuclear stress test at my cardiologists. They called and gave me a thumbs up on the heart. However, the radioactive fluid they injected "lite up" a spot on my lung. I did an immediate x-ray and can easily see the spot to be about a silver dollar size spot on my right lung. It is obviously "blood thirsty" to lite up like that. A contrast cat scan is scheduled for Tuesday. The 3 drs that have viewed the pics seem to think lung cancer is most likely --but I am holding out hope for a fungal infection. My guess is the cat scan will be non-conclusive and there is a biopsy in my future very soon. My head is still spinning a bit as I am the caregiver for my wife who is dying and my 20 year old son who has brain cancer, along with my 12 year old daughter.

First is a fungal infection just chasing dreams?
second, can I assume I will learn nothing conclusive from the CAT scan?
Thirdly do you have suggestions on how to keep my feet on the ground over the next few weeks as my plate is a bit too full to get caught up in me?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread