It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
(female)

redwind30 HB User
pet scan?

We found out my husbnd has lung cancer last week. They did a chest CT scan which showed swollen lymph nodes in the lungs. They then did a biopsy and have told us it is non small cell. They told us it was inoperable. Does this mean it is a worse case then if it could be operated on?
The cancer is in the left lung and they believe it is pressing on his vocal cords because it is very difficult for him to speak. They said it is pressing on the artery that goes to the left lung. Will this make it more difficult to treat?
They are going to do a pet scan on Monday; The Doctor said the pet scan would give more information about whether or not it has spread.
If it has spread to other parts of the body can it still be treated. We are both really frightened. He is only 55 years old. Anyone with similar experiences?

Old 05-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
(female)

angg33 HB User
Re: pet scan?

Im sure by now (your post being in April) that you have found out more. I hope that you have found your answers and that your husband will be able to tolerate treatment. Cancer can be treated......not cured. People are given months to live and then with continued treatments live years. I know its scary, but try everything the doctor has to offer.....as long as your husband feels up to fighting....you can fight it....and live longer than our fears let us think. Please let us know how you are......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
(female)

redwind30 HB User

Thank You for asking. It breaks my heart to tell you that I lost my husband on April 24, 2010. Ifeel like my brain, body and emotions have totaly shut down. People tell me to be thankful he didn't suffer very long, but I guess I am selfish because I wanted to keep him with me. I wish the best to alll of you and I hesitate to reply because I know how important it is to keep a goog attitude and I don't want to discourage anyone who is still trying to win this battle.
Best to all.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
(female)

angg33 HB User

Im so sorry. You are not selfish for wanting him with you. Your human. And unfortuanately being human, you and all of us have to go thru these human emotions during these terrible times. Time will make things easier for you, but you will always miss him and love him. We lost our mom last may to stage 4 ovarian cancer. now its dad we are taking care of as you already know. Its strange how some cancers act.....some days he is up and running around town, driving.......other days coughing, dizzy and napping for hours and hours. Well, again Im sorry for your loss. Im also sorry if I opened your wound by emailing....God bless you.

Closed Thread