It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #1
(female)

canadianmom HB User
Lung met brain

Hi everyone

I am a 49 year old woman until 2 weeks ago felt perfectly healthy and normal until a major headache hit. After being transferred to a major hospital an hour from home I underwent major testing. To my shock and devestating on Mothers day I was informed I had lung cancer(large tumor in upper right lobe) and they also found 11 in my brain. Bioposy done on lung and I was able to come home whily they wait results so that know what type of cancer.
How can cancer spread this far with no symptoms?????? Lung cancer with no cough, pain or wheezing?
So scared. More for my kids ages 24 and 20 then myself. Been just the 3 of us most of their lives now they will be all alone

Old 05-20-2010, 04:30 AM   #2
(female)

canadianmom HB User
Re: Lung met brain

5 days not one comment. Very helpful and comforting. Guess in my situation just means nothing to say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
(female)

redwind30 HB User

I have done alot of reading about lung cancer. I am certainly no expert, but it sounds like more often than not the cancer is advanced before they find it. One site said the over 60% of the time it has spread or is advanced. I can understand how frightened and alone you must feel. Have you talked to your kids yet? I am not a parent, but believe me I know what it feels like to be COMPLETELY alone and it is extremely scary. If you have not talked with them I would encourage you to do so. I would encourage you to get some quality time in with them. Maybe, start a journal or letter for them to help them as they try to cope with this difficult time. I sincerely hope you will be okay, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #4
(female)

gumnut HB User

Hi Canadianmom, I'm sorry no-one responded to your post sooner and I hope you are still around. It must be devastating to find out you have such an advanced illness and that your body gave you no clues about what was happening to it. We are taught that if we are vigilant we can detect these things before they progress too far, but clearly that is not the case.

How are you feeling? Have you learnt any more about what's going on? Please feel free to talk here if you need to. I'm thinking of you.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
(male)

kentsjolund HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmom View Post
Hi everyone

I am a 49 year old woman until 2 weeks ago felt perfectly healthy and normal until a major headache hit. After being transferred to a major hospital an hour from home I underwent major testing. To my shock and devestating on Mothers day I was informed I had lung cancer(large tumor in upper right lobe) and they also found 11 in my brain. Bioposy done on lung and I was able to come home whily they wait results so that know what type of cancer.
How can cancer spread this far with no symptoms?????? Lung cancer with no cough, pain or wheezing?
So scared. More for my kids ages 24 and 20 then myself. Been just the 3 of us most of their lives now they will be all alone
I am 51 and an ex smoker and know a bit how you feel-Scared and confused
- I had clean x-rays (last in Oct 2009) and then developed acid reflux and coughed up a TINY bit of blood. Had a cat scan showing a "right hilar/mediastinal mass consistent with malignancy" and now had a PT sacan and getting biopsy on Wed.
What I find crazy is that two weeks ago, I was in the gym for 2 hours, 3 times a week and now am short of breath-ALL IN TWO WEEKS??

Closed Thread