It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
(female)

Minglee HB User
Stage III NSCLC treatments

Hi My father is recently diagnosed with stage III NSCLC, we have been working with the docs at Memorial Sloan Kettering. At first they wanted to proceed with Chemotherapy. But after we met with the Surgeon and the Oncologist, they are recommending surgery first. My father has a large tumor @ the size of a kiwi on his Right upper lobe and there has been some spread to the near by lymph nodes, chest wall and maybe on the mediastinum. We are a bit concerned with the surgery recommendation and my father seems to be leaning towards drug therapy first.

Does anyone else have similar case and would like to share your treatment option? Thank you for all of your input and command you for your courageous fight against cancer.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
(male)

NIT HB User
Re: Stage III NSCLC treatments

I had a like diagnoses in March 2011; but surgery was not an option. With radiation and chemo my CAT scan two weeks ago showed no more cancer cells. The good thing about surgery is the results are more definite. I am 73, it was not easy ,but there are choices. Get a second oppion and go with the greatest chance for success. NIT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
(male)

dandk4857 HB User
Re: Stage III NSCLC treatments

I was diagnosed with IIIa with LL Lung tumor and mets to mediastinum. Taxol/Carbo chemo, radiation to the mediastinum and SBRT to remove tumor

Closed Thread