It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
(male)

tcount HB User
paraneoplastic syndrome

I am a 25 year old male who has just been diagnosed with SCLC, i have suspected i had it for the last 6 months but just could not get the Drs to listen, they refused to test me and said it was nearly impossible for me to have it as i did not smoke and because of my age. Then the Drs put me on medication for depression and anxiety because they were saying it was in my head. I was at the Drs office every week but they still refused, then 2 week ago i started a coughing fit in the Dr office and started coughing and spluttering, bringing up blood infront of the Dr, He then sent me straight for tests. I have shed my tears months ago for myself as i said before i knew i had it months ago. It is the tears for my daughter that i cant stop producing, just knowing she will be without a father at such a young age. I will fight this disease right until my last breathe for her and i intend to win. Until the Dr tells me otherwise i am on the hunt. That is just a little bit about myself and my reason for being here.

My question to this community is has anybody experienced anything to do with paraneoplastic syndrome? My symptoms are that my right hand and foot feel kinda wierd, something to do with my hormones. I have tried looking this up but can not find much on it and my oncologist seems to have little information regarding this syndrome. He said it is rare. My calcium levels are really high and i am starting to get throat pain, although he says that is due to my acid reflux. Can anybody help on this subject as i need to fully understand this syndrome before i lock horns with the beast?

Before i got cancer i wouldn't have believed a place like this existed, why should it? Why should we need it? It has given me sum great answers over the past few months and i dont know what i would have done, the people are great but its just a great misfortune we have to talk and meet like this.

Sorry for the long post and may God be with you on your journey through life and battle against the beast.

May peace be with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread