It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
(male)

help34 HB User
how fast does lung cancer spread un treated

here is my worry. 2 years ago i had a ct scan the dr said they found a spot it was ether .6 cm in size.

i have not returned for a follow up x ray i am so scared.

if it was cancer wouldnt i alrdy be gone ?

Last edited by help34; 08-30-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
(male)

bigdogdad HB User
Re: how fast does lung cancer spread un treated

Quote:
Originally Posted by help34 View Post
here is my worry. 2 years ago i had a ct scan the dr said they found a spot it was ether .6 cm in size.

i have not returned for a follow up x ray i am so scared.

if it was cancer wouldnt i alrdy be gone ?
It doesn't sound like you ever learned exactly the cause and findings regarding the spot on your lung. Have you simply assumed the worst and have not had any further tests or physician visits? Two years is a long time for you to not have been experiencing other symptoms if in fact this is lung cancer. On the other hand, most Lung Cancers are diagnosed when the disease is at advanced stages and often once it has spread to the Liver, Bones, Brain, etc. and they demonstrate other symptoms which can largely be avoided if the cancer is detected early on in the disease.

You need to immediately have at least another chest X-ray done for the radiologist to consider. If you have the new test in the same facility as the original scan, the Radiologist will pull your old films and compare the spot you described with the findings today, if any.

I will tell you that on two seperate occasions I had spots which appeared on my chest films and in both cases, they turned out to be nothing more than a false alarm.

Do yourself a favor and get the new image done ASAP. Lung cancer, if that is in fact what your Radiologist ultimately concludes, is very treatable if caught and treated in it's early stages. Waiting, for the fear of what may be, is wasting your life and time if in fact it turns out nothing is wrong.

Assume the best and learn the truth. You owe it to your loved ones and yourself. If cost is a concern, an inexpensive traditional X-ray can provide a foundation from which to work for $100 or so. While the CT Scan is considerably more expensive, the CT image is tremendously more accurate and detailed.

Your life is worth more than the cost of any imaging or other radiology test. It's time to stop avoiding this issue and face it head on. You will be glad you did.........Think Positive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
(male)

help34 HB User
Re: how fast does lung cancer spread un treated

the doctor said it culd be a calcifaction. how ever recently i devloped a strange pain in the center of my chest when i push it in or suck in my chest. if that makes since.

however i also have bad untreated acid reflux i am asuming. i am never with out heartburn and i wake up with acid in my throat. i go to the doctor about this in 2 weeks hoping this is the cause of the pain in my chest.

Closed Thread