It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
(female)

N1989 HB User
Drop in the life roller coaster

Hi,

A couple weeks ago I went and helped my 36 year old cousin move. When I got there I was shocked at the amount of weight she lost. I thought nothing of it because I knew she was under a lot of stress. After I left I txt my mom saying that she had lost a lot of weight. We figured it was the stress and left it at that.
About 2 weeks later it was my college graduation day. Afterwards we went to my parent's house for a cookout. My cousin came over as well. My parents noticed what I was talking about and my father told my aunt to go have her checked out.
The results came back and she has stage 4 lung and bone cancer and the MRI came back today (a month after she went into the hospital) and it was confirmed that she also has a brain tumor.

I honestly do not know how I am feeling right now. The last month has been a lot to process. I know I will be loosing my cousin and there's nothing I can do about it. We had lost both our grandparents 3 years ago (Grandfather to Alzheimers and Grandma to lung cancer... but she went through chemo and she was a survivor but from everything her heart gave out) and one of my siblings is diagnosed with epilepcy and it's hard. You don't expect to be loosing a cousin before an aunt or uncle or a child before their parents. Why do those happen? I'm tired of crying so much and tired of these things happening to my family.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread