It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
(male)

sanjuanboy HB User
Question Left Side/Shoulder, etc.........

I don't know where else to put this, so I guess here is a good enough spot. You all can scold me, if it shouldn't be here, lol. I read that shoulder pain is occasionally associated with lung cancer. I think, and/or am hoping that this is more joint discomfort. Not getting any younger, going on 44. It seems that on and off my left shoulder or blade has some discomfort at timies. I am left-handed and am a waiter, which may or may not explain some things. No, I no longer smoke, and was never really a "smoker"; it was more of a think when I would drink. When I stopped drinking a number of years ago, smoking kind of went out the window with it. Could this be something to be concerned about...??? Of course, cancer is always the first thing at the top of people's, including mine, minds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
(female)

graspingforhope HB User
Re: Left Side/Shoulder, etc.........

The last thing I wish to do is frighten you, but yes, shoulder pain has been linked with lung cancer. My dad had been complaining of shoulder pain that intensified over a couple months... My mom finally convinced him to go to the Dr. Expecting a shoulder injury & perhaps surgery... The dr did an xray to check dad's shoulder, but instead discovered a "massive tumor" on his left lung that was causing the pain. After several further tests, including a biopsy, our worlds crumbled when he was daignosed with non-operable, stage iiib lung cancer.

Please go to the doctor. Please make your health a priority. I pray your outcome is not the same.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread