It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
(male)

tmorales509 HB User
Lung cancer treatment and hearing loss.

Hi everyone, my mom was diagnosed with stage 1 lung cancer about a year ago, after doing her chemo treatments once every 3 weeks we got some good news that the tumor shrunk to almost non existant. She is supposed to do 1 more session of chemo but she's been having other problems that have posponed her last treatment. It has been about 2 months since her last treatment and for about the past week or so we have noticed that she has had trouble hearing. She was admitted to the hospital and we were notified this morning that she now has complete hearing loss. Now the doctors there have not said for sure that it is from the chemo, they are still running test, but they think most likely it is and so do i. Im just wondering is the hearing loss always permanent, what are the chances that she will get all or at least some of here hearing back? if there is some chance she will, how long can it take. I just hate to see this happen and i have a feeling if it is permanent that everything will just go down hill from here. I know hearing loss is a small price to pay for having life but i dont think that she will think that way. And does hearing loss usually take this long to kick in after chemo has started, i just thought that if there would be symptoms that they would kick in after just couple treatment, she did start losing her hair after the 2nd or 3rd treatment.

Last edited by tmorales509; 09-30-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Closed Thread