It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
(female)

candylady2 HB User
Solitary pulmonary nodule

i had a x ray done this yr. found a spot on my lung, but didn't come out to good so i had a CT scan, something showed up, but now i have to have a CAT scan this mon. the 25th.. for it..I only have a cough, its not that bad,,.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB User
Re: Solitary pulmonary nodule

They found a pulmonary nodule on my CT scan as well. They thought it was due to a bad infection that I had last year. They did a repeat scan 6 mo. later, and it hasn't grown. But, now they want to do a PET scan on Friday. I don't have any coughing or any symptoms at all. It's scary, because they haven't been able to figure out what it is yet, but since it hasn't grown in 6 mo, I would think that that is a good sign. Any comments?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
(female)

candylady2 HB User

Hi, you to have maybe the same thing SPN, i had a PET Scan on Mon. & i got a call today saying that, they don't know what it is, only that its a nodule. i'm suppose to get a call from a surgeon to take a having it removed,(surgery) but i don't want surgery, i want to wait, I hope its not cancer.. hope you fine out what you have , good luck on the CATscan.. i 'll be thinking of u..

Last edited by candylady2; 11-08-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by candylady2 View Post
Hi, you to have maybe the same thing SPN, i had a CAT scan on Mon. & i got a call today saying that, they don't know what it is, only that its a nodule. im' suppose to get a call from a surgeon to take a having it removed,(surgery) but i don't want surgery, i want to wait, its not cancer..thats what they said.. thank god.. i hope you fine out what you have , good luck on the CATscan.. i 'll be thinking of u..
Thanks, Candy. I found out that the repeat CT scan actually showed the nodule had grown and found 3 more in both lungs with some scarring. That is 8 months apart. I have Lupus, so it could be an inflammatory thing. After the PET scan, to rule out cancer, the next step would be a biopsy. I wonder if Valley Fever could be another possibility because I live in central California.

Got the PET scan yesterday and will know more when I get the results. I'm on pins and needles until then. Thanks for the thoughts and wishes.
It must be a big relief to find out that it is not cancer. I wish the best for you. Keep me updated.
Take Care,

Old 10-31-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
(female)

candylady2 HB User

hi, Sunsetnan,, i also live in Calif. so far i haven't gone a call let.i don't worry that much, cause i only making things worse.. i'm sorry that they found the others, hope its not cancer, do you look in *****, i do it helps. i hope its nothing bad,. **** luck..

Old 10-31-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I read up on the internet, wondering about the non- calcified vs. calcified lung nodules. If I understand it right, the calcified is usually benign, and the non- calcified could be either. Mine are the non- calcified. But, it sounds as if these nodules are pretty common, and aren't always cancer. I also read that PET scans can be falsely positive or negative. So, it looks as if a biopsy is the most accurate.

You're right. Worrying only makes matters worse, so I'm hoping I can distract myself with other things to keep my mind from thinking about it. I've got a lot of things going on right now, so if I'm not worrying about this, I am worrying about other things, unfortunately.

Hoping to hear from the doctor tomorrow or Tuesday. Will be praying for a good outcome for both of us.
Take Care,

Old 10-31-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User

I have had these nodules for 4 years now...they watch them..and they don't grow. I had whooping cough...could have been from that....the important thing thou..is they don't always know WHY they are there...but they can tell you that they are NOT cancerous. I had an extra one show up this year....and I have some on my liver.
I think you will be fine....It seems like it is somewhat common.
I don't know thou...if it is common in people that don't smoke. I smoke, so I always blame that I am putting myself more at risk for things...ya think I would have the brains to quit...but NO!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #8
(female)

candylady2 HB User

I won't worry , until my doctor tells me what i have, before he does surgery, thats if i want it,. just waiting for the call, this coming week..

The following user gives a hug of support to candylady2:
Sunsetnan (11-01-2010)
Old 11-21-2010, 05:06 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by candylady2 View Post
I won't worry , until my doctor tells me what i have, before he does surgery, thats if i want it,. just waiting for the call, this coming week..
Was wanting to give you an update and check in on you and your situation. At my last appointment, my doctor was concerned because the nodules were growing in size and number. The PET scan was negative, so my doctor does not think that it is cancerous.

Now, they've done tests for Valley Fever and Sarcoidosis and I'm waiting for the results. It may be longer to get them because of the holiday coming up. Another CT scan in 3- 6 mo. was recommended. Still without any real symptoms, but neither of the possibilities require any to have the disease.

I'm not particularly concerned at this point, as long as my doctor is looking for other causes, is monitoring it, and I'm without symptoms. I have been tired, but what is new?
I will post an update on my results. Hoping everything is going well for you all who replied.
Best Regards,

Old 11-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
(female)

candylady2 HB User

hi, Sunsetnan, i justed had a NEEDLE BIOPSY, in my left Lung on wed. of this month the 17th, to see what the NODULE is,and boy did it hurt, even with the shots to numb it didn't help that mush. i couldn't move at all. when having it done cause the DR. told me not too. i go in to see my PULMONARY,DR. this Mon. for the results.. i know its not Cancer,its a infection,.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
(male)

long73 HB User

I had a full body scan (which i think was a mistake on my part, i paid for this to find out what caused my fatigue) in May 2010 which showed a 4 mm nodule on my lower left lobe. Since I'm 37 years old, non-smoker, the doctor said i'm low risk and if anxiety is too much, he recommended a low dose CT scan in May 2011.

I'm so worried lately as I feel some pain in the chest about 1 month ago and now started coughing 2 weeks ago (the coughing is not too bad, but as long as I am awake, I would need to cough 1 or twice in one hour).

Should I ask for the CT sooner?

Closed Thread