It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
(female)

janep3 HB User
my husband has lyphomia

we have been dealing with this monster 1 year he has been in the hospital 4 times since then 6 mo of chemo now low white blood count and cant walk because of sudogout can someone tell me does this get any better or is this as good as it gets he is 78 we have been married 36 years

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User
Re: my husband has lyphomia

Are you sure it is lymphoma? Lymphoma affects the lymph nodes. I'm sorry you are going thru this....If he does have lymphoma, it sounds like it is the cancerous type since they are performing chemo....chemo can knock the socks off people and make them tired. I hope he doesn't have to have it for a long time....and that you have more years together. 36 years is a long time....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
(female)

janep3 HB User

thanks for your words of encourgement i just dont know what to expect and i lost my dad in feburary and my baby sister came down with breast cancer its just really been a hard year ewe go back to the doctor tuesday and i dont know how that will work out he had a bone marrow test done two weeks ago so I guess I am just feeling low tonight so thanks agin for caring

The following user gives a hug of support to janep3:
Misssty (10-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #4
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User

You have had a hard year. I lost my best friend to cancer in August of this year. I am 46, she was 42. Most breast cancers have good cure rates now. So keep your fingers crossed. The reason why I'm telling you that I lost my friend is because she taught me something very important thru her 5 year battle with cancer (she had a rare breast cancer her2 positive and her2 negative)...usually a patient will only get one type. And she had adopted a boy from Russia and a year later she found out about the cancer...He is 7 now. Anyway...what I learned from her...I spend a good amount of time with Christine. We can't stop these things from happening to us...but we can FIGHT them...and we CAN in spite of THEM....enjoy every MOMENT. This girl was going thru chemo and coming home and washing the floor...she felt like the CHEMO was her power against the awful cancer. I've never seen anyone live every moment to the fullest as I witnessed in her. She did not let it drive her down to the bed or the couch. Yes, there will be days...when the bed or couch is needed. But, TRY to get him and yourself UP and out doing what you enjoy as much as you can. Fight this ******* of a disease. 3 weeks before she died...she called me and asked me if I wanted to go to a carnival that was in town with her and her son...it was SO HOT here...like 95....I said to her...IF YOU CAN GO....I"M GOING....I hate the heat...But, this girl had chemo for 5 straight years...and she was going to that darn carnival to enjoy time with her son.
We went...she went on EVERY ride with him...she was sick that day....I was HOT. She forced me to go on one ride with them...I'm so glad I went. I can sit around and feel sorry for myself for no REASON...and she was doing all kinds of things. I'm trying to pass it on to you...don't give up...don't let it get you TIRED....if he does get tired....try to pick up his spirits and yours...DONT worry about Tuesday right now....give him a big hug today....Wake up tomorrow and go out to breakfast or apple picking or something....don't let it STEAL YOUR TIME. HUGS!

Old 10-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
(female)

One more thing...look back on losing your DAD. Times get very solem and sad when all that hospital stuff is going on...its really hard not to get into a funk. Could there have been times when everyone could have lifted spirits? Can you do something different this time? I'm not saying that you should regret anything about your Dad or his passing...I'm just saying...we learn from EVERYTHING...and we are all going to die at some point...so if this is your husbands journey....live it to the fullest..and try not to let the pain steel every BIT of it away....Pain will seep in...but look for the opportunities to PUSH IT AWAY. Replace it with something...

Closed Thread