It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
(female)

guidance HB User
digestion supplements?

My husband (54) was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in May 2010. Since that time the cancer has spread to the adrenal gland, the stomach and his bones. The cancer actually went right through his arm bone, breaking it in two, requiring surgery to put a metal rod in his arm. He is taking morphine for pain and ativan for stress and to help him sleep.

My question is, does anyone know what is a good supplement or aid to help his digestion? He suffers terrribly from constipation because of his meds. He eats so little already and does not want to eat at all sometimes because it makes him feel terrible. He says that food has become his worst enemy.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to all who are caregivers to an ill person. It has to be the most helpless feeling in the world to not be able to help more. I am continuously, as I am sure you all are, trying to find new ways to make my husbands life as full and comfortable as it can be at this point. Our doctors have not said anything about time but they did put us in contact with pallitive care who we met with for the first time yesterday.

Any help or advise anyone has would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread