It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

Questionss HB User
Unhappy Lung Nodules...

Hello,
I'm a 30 year old mother of two small children, non smoker, no family history of cancer.
I was recently diagnosed with a blot clot in my pelvis. About a month ago I was having shortness of breath so they sent me for a chest CT scan. Thankfully there wasn't a pulmonary embolism but they did see three nodules, all in the upper right lobe. 1mm, 2mm, and 2mm. The report said that one of the 2mm and the 1mm were 'adjacent'. No other information was given (shape, etc) and my doctor never had even mentioned it. (I happened to notice it when looking at the report this week). When I brought it up to my dr she said we will recheck in 6-12 months for growth.
Also I must note that I had a lung CT just three years ago and the nodules were not there at that time. I have not had any chest colds or anything like pneumonia either.
Researching online is scaring me. Could these be an early sign of lung cancer?? How fast will they grow, if they are lung cancer would waiting 6 months be too late?? Why didn't the radiologist and my doctor even tell me they were there? Is their location and that there are three of them worrisome? They weren't there three years ago...
If anyone has any information it would be much appreciated. I'm very frightened....
Thanks so much, love to all...

Last edited by Questionss; 01-20-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
(male)

intel HB User
Re: Lung Nodules...

Normally they set you up for follow up cat scans to monitor any growth. 3 mothts 6 months one year. 1 and 2 mm are very very tiny. Bring it up and ask questions, thats their job!

good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
(female)

leopard HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionss View Post
Hello,
I'm a 30 year old mother of two small children, non smoker, no family history of cancer.
I was recently diagnosed with a blot clot in my pelvis. About a month ago I was having shortness of breath so they sent me for a chest CT scan. Thankfully there wasn't a pulmonary embolism but they did see three nodules, all in the upper right lobe. 1mm, 2mm, and 2mm. The report said that one of the 2mm and the 1mm were 'adjacent'. No other information was given (shape, etc) and my doctor never had even mentioned it. (I happened to notice it when looking at the report this week). When I brought it up to my dr she said we will recheck in 6-12 months for growth.
Also I must note that I had a lung CT just three years ago and the nodules were not there at that time. I have not had any chest colds or anything like pneumonia either.
Researching online is scaring me. Could these be an early sign of lung cancer?? How fast will they grow, if they are lung cancer would waiting 6 months be too late?? Why didn't the radiologist and my doctor even tell me they were there? Is their location and that there are three of them worrisome? They weren't there three years ago...
If anyone has any information it would be much appreciated. I'm very frightened....
Thanks so much, love to all...

Old 01-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
(female)

leopard HB User

I had lung Cancer in 2009 and I got sick towards the end of chemo. I was having trouble breathing. My ONC did a Cat Scan and there were 3 nodules in the lower right lung. The radiologist couldn't tell what they were so my ONC decided to put me on antibiotics and it seemed to work as the next Cat Scan showed only 1 tinsy little one left (it was smaller than an eraser on the end of a pencil. We waited another 3 months and did pet scan and it was dx as Cancer. I had an operation to take it out and it was gone and margins were clean. I had a very slow growing kind and I can't remember the name. Don't panic and remember yours are small also and they grow fairly slowly. Hopefully none of yours will be Cancer. I hope your Dr. gives you the antibiotics just in case they are small infections and then go from there. I am relieved mine is out and it is all over with. I have another one now but it is not Cancer or an infection and nothing to worry about. Good luck!!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
(male)

NMK HB User

The chance that these nodules are lung cancer is very, very low. You can have these nodules for any of a number of reasons, including infection, inflammation, or scar. Follow-up in 6 months is an appropriate interval - some would even wait 12 months. Good luck - I don't think you should be worried.

Closed Thread