It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
(male)

rjbeck78 HB User
Lung nodules increasing in size and numbers

I am a 44y/o male and since 2005 have had both lungs collapse due to empyema's a thoracotomy and decordication on the left lung and have been hospitalized 20plus times for pneumonia's,pleurisy and unknown fevers my ct-scans have shown two 3mm lung nodules that over the last 3 yrs have increased to 8mm groundglass nodules in my left upper lobe and right upper and middle lobes with innumerable amount of nodules in the bases, my pulmonary doctors just keep telling me that we will keep an eye on it. They have done several bronchs trying to get a biopsy without any luck.I've done a pet scan at least 5 ct-scans and probably 20plus x-rays they have also done several needle biopsies without a diagnosis. I have even moved from S.Florida to North Carolina to go to Duke and UNC hospitals.I have read the x-rays and it always says they can't rule out lung cancer,scar tissue or infectious process. Both lobes have severe costophrenic blunting in the bases.I have also came down with acascular necrosis due to the prednisone causing both shoulders and hips to collapse and require replacements of all 4 joints. I did 1 shoulder with 3 joints to go. This with the moderate to severe pain have put me on disability and walking has become a chore.plus the SOB. I was just wondering if anybody has any ideas, comments,miracles or anything that might be helpful...Thanks Randy B

The following user gives a hug of support to rjbeck78:
msterra37 (01-29-2011)
Old 01-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
(female)

msterra37 HB User
Re: Lung nodules increasing in size and numbers

First of all...I am so sorry you are going through that. I was recently diagnosed with 5 nodules around 4mm in size also-a lesion and some small effusions (37 years old). I cannot put a link on here but google phytoplankton. I have heard WONDERFUL stories about this and I am going to order some at the end of the week and give it a shot since I have some other issues with thyroid etc. Good luck to you--will say a prayer for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to msterra37 For This Useful Post:
rjbeck78 (01-30-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread