Should I wait 3 months for a new ct scan
Ok here goes In January I had a xray and showed a spot/mass on my upper right lobe close to the hilum. I then had a ct scan and it showed the mass, they still couldn't determine what it was, said it look suspicious. I then had a bronchoscopy the doc said he would be able to get the tissue he needed about 60 sure. He said it came back that he thought it was a infection, so he gave me a antibiotic. Also previously I had pneumonia I forgot to mention that is why I had the xray in the first place. Then after the antibiotic I was referred for a pet scan in Feb it did not light up for cancer anywhere. I was relieved. So then I was referred to a thoracic surgeon. He looked at all the scans etc and said he is 90 percent sure it is not cancer. That it is probably scar tissue from the pneumonia or some sort of previous infection. My question is this he wants me to wait 3 months and get it ct scanned again and then if it grows to get it out. I feel that I do not want to wait. He said it wouldn't matter 3 months. Has anyone ever been in my situation. I do not smoke I am 48, I am in pretty good health. I am overweight some and wonder if I am going crazy. My regular doc is not back till after the weekend monday. My regular primary care doc said if it was his wife he wouldnt wait. So I am confused. What would you all do?