Ok here goes In January I had a xray and showed a spot/mass on my upper right lobe close to the hilum. I then had a ct scan and it showed the mass, they still couldn't determine what it was, said it look suspicious. I then had a bronchoscopy the doc said he would be able to get the tissue he needed about 60 sure. He said it came back that he thought it was a infection, so he gave me a antibiotic. Also previously I had pneumonia I forgot to mention that is why I had the xray in the first place. Then after the antibiotic I was referred for a pet scan in Feb it did not light up for cancer anywhere. I was relieved. So then I was referred to a thoracic surgeon. He looked at all the scans etc and said he is 90 percent sure it is not cancer. That it is probably scar tissue from the pneumonia or some sort of previous infection. My question is this he wants me to wait 3 months and get it ct scanned again and then if it grows to get it out. I feel that I do not want to wait. He said it wouldn't matter 3 months. Has anyone ever been in my situation. I do not smoke I am 48, I am in pretty good health. I am overweight some and wonder if I am going crazy. My regular doc is not back till after the weekend monday. My regular primary care doc said if it was his wife he wouldnt wait. So I am confused. What would you all do?
The following user gives a hug of support to vanlieu3: wvlady46 (03-24-2011)
Looks like you are in good shape. Docs seem to think so anyway. Believe me if they think there is cancer in there they would be much more urgent about it.
I had a lung xray during a routine physical that showed a mass. Next day I was in the CT scan machine. Doc showed me the pics and the tumor showed up very bright and well defined. Two days later the PET scan machine and a week later I was laying in the recovery room after a right upper lobectomy. My point is that if there is cancer in there you will get plenty of action.
Your anxiety is understandable. We all have it. And telling you to relax isn't going to help much at this point. So learn all you can about your condition. Knowledge goes a long way to relieve fear. Read the forum posts of survivors and notice the tremendous amount of hope that we have.
I hope you find that you don't belong here but if you do, hang on to us until you can fend for yourself.
I know exactly what you mean..i'm 46
on june 2010.. i had a ct cta chest,pulmonary angiogram..results as followed no blood clot in lungs, a small noncalcified 3-4 nodule in the right upper lobe of the lung.. 2006 didnt have this... sept 2010.. bone scan and a bone spect.. results was as followed..increrased activity at the right scapula,and at the right rib 9th rib.. dilated calyx on hte right.. my back dr ordered these before he was going to treat me for my back and legs... family dr sent me to a pulmonarist and she was more worried abt me havign hyper pulmonary in my right side of my heart.. today i go to my heart dr that did a heart cath and he says they should of already cheacked out my lungs first.. i do have a 7 yr old pacemaker due to high heart rate then heart stopped.. when i excert my self like walkin g, showering, house work i get hurting bad in my chest shortnes of breath and dizzy and nasated... on all the meds u can think of.. all i want is my life back... can anyone a nurse etc tell me whats going on.. the heart and lung dr is senting me back and forth.. and now its worse this yr then ever>> thank you..