It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

roro HB User
could this be cancer?

I know what the terminolgy means, but trying to figure out what it means diagnostically

Impression:
1. No CT evidence of pilmonary embolus or acute process in the chest.
Does this mean it is all chronic or past?

2. Scattered calcified granulomata and several tiny non-calcified nodular opacities in the right lung. Comparison with any more recent outside CT's is advised as the most recent study we have is from 2004 and respiratory motion and airspace disease on that study limits evaluation of the nodular opacities.
Does this sound like TB or histoplasmosis? Could be, I am very ill, have been for years, not getting much in the way of treatment or diagnosis. I do have cryoglobulinemia and HepC, which is an autoimmune vasculitis, it could cause lung problems

Indication: evaluate pulmonary nodule, dyspnea

technique: multiple 2mm direct axial images from thoracic inlet through the upper abdomen performed following uneventful IV contrast

Review of soft tissue windows demonstrates no mediastinal or hilar adenopathy. No pleural or pericardial effusion. There si adequate opacification of the pulm. arteries. No filling defects are identified to suggest emboli.

Limited eval. of the subdiaphragmatic viscera demonstrates a focus of low attenuation in the liver that is too small to further characterize.

Review of lung windows demonstrates minimal bilateral dependent atelectasis
Could this be because I am borderline obese? My BMI is 31-32

There is a small calcified granuloma in the left upper lobe. There are several scattered calcified granulomata in both lungs. there are several scattered tiny nodular opacities in the right lung.
I have had pain in my chest for years, my dr said it was costrochondritis. My breathing is getting worse. Exercise has me gasping in the corner with chest pain and SOB. Stairs and short walks cause SOB I am 46. Since some are calcified and some non, does it still mean past infection, or can it mean chronic infection? I have severe sweating, even with slight exertion, chills, low grade fever. possibly the cryo, or lyme disease, or co-infections, babesia, etc, but could it be a chronic lung infection? I also have sharp pains in my chest every so often, like stabbing pain lasts a few seconds. was told it was pre-cardial catch (basically a pinched nerve)

Review of bone windows demonstrates no destructive lesions

In comparison to the previous study, the bilateral pleural effusions have resolved. The nodular opacities in the lungs are difficult to evaluate on the prior chest CT due to extensive respiratory motion and areas of atelectasis.
Does this mean the previous one I had I was very ill? I was in the hospital for a week at that time, they thought it was heart failure, but then the cardiologist on follow up said it was not. I was never treated for any lung infection.

Thanks you for reading and please comment if you have opinions.

Last edited by roro; 05-01-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
(male)

tonyinhampshire HB User
Re: could this be cancer?

Im sorry but im no medic but it makes my angry that you have suffered for so long without any diagnosis, especially nowadays. I will send my thoughts out to you and hope all worls out

tony

Closed Thread