It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
(male)

vopros HB User
non small lung cancer stage IV

I have non small lung cancer stage iv. discovered 25 months ago on CT,2 tumors on the lobes and two ribs. Syptom pain in the side (left) started already 8 month before that, therefore 2 years and 8 months. I refused chemo. But 1.4 years ago I had a cycle (10 visits) of radiation therapy. All the time I was treated for pain, increasingly. Oxycontin slow release plus MIR quick release. Until 6 months ago everything was quite fine, I was swimming about 40 minutes almost every day. Then started the going down. increased pain and now , last month breathing problems. Right now, I woke up twice, every hour with breathing problem. The drugs by now are Oxycontin 69 mg twice a day , plus MIR 30 mg twice a day, plus dypirone 3000mg/day. Still didn't lose weight. The markers increase, LDH 630. ESR 66. considerably higher than 2 months ago. My idea was do nothing except for the pain, but the breathing problem seems to increase every day. Any remarks?

PS - I enjoyed to see the doctors scratching their heads at my results but now it looks I am near the end.

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: vopros
bitter pain (07-14-2011), sad blue eyes (06-20-2011), sawbuck44 (06-23-2011), Violet Vapor (06-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
(female)

Violet Vapor HB User
Re: non small lung cancer stage IV

Sounds like you are a real fighter. I hope you are in less pain and that your breathing is better. Maybe you needed to rest more for your body to heal itself. You are a survivor 2 years. I hope you have friends and family to encourage you. What else do you like to do besides swim? I hope you are not near the end and that there is still hope with less pain and improved breathing. I know that ultimately it is your choice of treatment and your decision as what to do next. I pray that your quality of life will improve.
Violet Vapor

The Following User Says Thank You to Violet Vapor For This Useful Post:
vopros (06-24-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread