It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
(female)

coolie HB User
Clothes after a lobectomy

This might sound pretty goofy, but...what do you wear after a lobectomy? I'm not taking about name brands, but items. I'm guessing just sweats or jogging suits. But, what I'm really wondering about is bras. I am pretty large busted and super uncomfortable without a bra. Based on the incision they make it doesn't sound like any kind of bra will be tolerable.

Does anyone who's been through this have any tips or sugestions?

Thanks for any sugestions you may have. Maybe I'm worring ***:confused:ut nothing.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
(female)

Mysfit HB User
Re: Clothes after a lobectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolie View Post
This might sound pretty goofy, but...what do you wear after a lobectomy? I'm not taking about name brands, but items. I'm guessing just sweats or jogging suits. But, what I'm really wondering about is bras. I am pretty large busted and super uncomfortable without a bra. Based on the incision they make it doesn't sound like any kind of bra will be tolerable.

Does anyone who's been through this have any tips or sugestions?

Thanks for any sugestions you may have. Maybe I'm worring ***:confused:ut nothing.
You've probably figured this out already. When I had my lower right lobe removed a couple of years ago, the incision was along the 'bra line'. I spent almost a month in the hospital so I didn't wear a bra until I got home. I wore an old (stretched) bra and surprisingly had no problems. Hopefully, by now, that is the same for you.

BTW, mine was stage 1a with no radiation or chemo and (knock on wood) no reoccurance . Good luck to you,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
(female)

coolie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysfit View Post
You've probably figured this out already. When I had my lower right lobe removed a couple of years ago, the incision was along the 'bra line'. I spent almost a month in the hospital so I didn't wear a bra until I got home. I wore an old (stretched) bra and surprisingly had no problems. Hopefully, by now, that is the same for you.

BTW, mine was stage 1a with no radiation or chemo and (knock on wood) no reoccurance . Good luck to you,
Thanks for the info, that's what I figured, but I thought maybe there was something out there.

I'm so glad you were stage 1a, without any chemotherapy ot radiation.

Based on on the tests so far thats also my status. I'm also having a right lobe removed, except it is the upper right.

Thanks again.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
(female)

Mysfit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolie View Post
Thanks for the info, that's what I figured, but I thought maybe there was something out there.

I'm so glad you were stage 1a, without any chemotherapy ot radiation.

Based on on the tests so far thats also my status. I'm also having a right lobe removed, except it is the upper right.

Thanks again.
I did pretty well after my surgery. As you start feeling better, keep in mind that you want your pain medication to stay ahead of the need for it. I didn't and that was the only time I felt real (should say REAL) pain. It took a while to get the medication to my room and it felt like an eternity. I never forgot after that.

When are you scheduled?

Old 08-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #5
(female)

coolie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysfit View Post
I did pretty well after my surgery. As you start feeling better, keep in mind that you want your pain medication to stay ahead of the need for it. I didn't and that was the only time I felt real (should say REAL) pain. It took a while to get the medication to my room and it felt like an eternity. I never forgot after that.

When are you scheduled?
I'm scheduled for Wed the 17th. I am really looking foward to having this in the past! I fully plan to take any and all pain meds offered. Thanks again for the great advise.

Closed Thread