It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
(female)

tiffin HB User
Lung cancer spread to liver

My younger brother was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer at the begining of the year. He had chemo and one lung and part of his trachea removed in June. Yesteday he had a CT scan and was called back into the hospital today to see his doctor who has told him that the cancer has spread to his liver and he at most has around 2-3 months left. He will be given Chemo as pallitative care.

We all thought he was over the worst,the operation went brilliantly and his recovery has been good. This is such a shock, has anyone ever heard of someone living longer with this or even being cured?

Last edited by tiffin; 08-24-2011 at 08:34 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to tiffin:
slenderella (09-17-2011)
Old 09-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
(female)

loveourdad HB User
Re: Lung cancer spread to liver

Hi. My dad has small cell lung cancer which has also been found in his liver. It was all found at the same time. The Small Cell Lung cancer has only two stages, basically it is limited--no where else or extended--moved to another organ or location. We found this out in May, 2011. My dad was 49. The day the ONC Dr came in and talked to us, they gave us a time frame of 2-3 months with no chemo, and 8months to a year if he did chemo. Well he has done chemo since he started it in May, we are going on 4 months now but he is losing weight rapidly. Started at 271 and is now at 233 He just turned 50 in August. We are currently looking for clinical trials for his kind of lung cancer as receommeded by his dr. I HATE CANCER

The following user gives a hug of support to loveourdad:
tiffin (09-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
(female)

tiffin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveourdad View Post
Hi. My dad has small cell lung cancer which has also been found in his liver. It was all found at the same time. The Small Cell Lung cancer has only two stages, basically it is limited--no where else or extended--moved to another organ or location. We found this out in May, 2011. My dad was 49. The day the ONC Dr came in and talked to us, they gave us a time frame of 2-3 months with no chemo, and 8months to a year if he did chemo. Well he has done chemo since he started it in May, we are going on 4 months now but he is losing weight rapidly. Started at 271 and is now at 233 He just turned 50 in August. We are currently looking for clinical trials for his kind of lung cancer as receommeded by his dr. I HATE CANCER
I am really sorry to hear about your dad, I wish you and your family all the best and I hope you can get him onto a trial that can help him. It is heart wrenching when someone you love so much is so ill.

The following user gives a hug of support to tiffin:
slenderella (09-17-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 02:22 AM   #4
(male)

telehelen HB User

my son has just been diagnosed with the same haveing his whole r lung and possible larynx removed will keep you posted Helen

Closed Thread