It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: My dad is dying with lung cancer and being a jerk

Hi,
My advice is to tell your Dad, point blank, that you will not tolerate how he's talking to you. You're a grown woman and you have made quite a sacrifice to help him out. Also keep in mind that it must be absolutely TERRIFYING for your Dad to have been given this diagnosis. It sounds as if he has a history of being an angry and abusive man, and maybe nothing has changed.
All I can say is that he's the only Dad you will ever have. Mine died two months ago,
and "forever" is a long time not to have the father/ daughter relationship. You do deserve to be treated properly, but instead of telling everyone else, tell your Dad.
This can pave the way so that you can have a good ending to your relationship. This is so NOT about the car or what you feel "entitled" to.

regards, Sue

Old 10-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: My dad is dying with lung cancer and being a jerk

i'm sorry your dad is treating you like this....how about trying to get him so assistance from a social service agency to have someone come out and help to take some of the burden off you. That way you can still help out, but don't have to do everything yourself?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread