It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
(female)

littlelady4220 HB User
Is this recurrent SCLC & what do you think?

I'm back, with more questions.

A brief history here - my husband was diagnosed 1/11 with SCLC, 3 tumors in lung, one in each hip, one in liver. Had six rounds of carbo/etop, finished in June and the PET Scan after that showed two lung tumors gone, one very streaky and much smaller, liver tumor gone, one in his hip gone, the other hip much smaller.

He just had a PET Scan last Monday - we'll see the doctor this Wednesday, but he picked up the PET Scan results this morning. It's pretty clear. The liver tumor is back, although very small - others are either non-existant or not active.

So, we see this as fairly good news, although we are concerned about it coming back to the liver. We knew it could probably come back. We're sure the doctor will want to do more chemo.

What I'm asking is, should we be afraid it's starting all over again, or be glad it's only showing one small tumor after no treatment since June?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread