It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
(female)

mamasnug HB Usermamasnug HB User
Afraid.

My husband and I are both having lung problems. He is 56, I am 42. We just did a CT scan of his heart, which caught a partial view of his lungs, showing a 4cm mass. We do not know what it is yet but he is having terrible chest and neck pain, trouble breathing, pain and fatigue.

I am having a lot of trouble too but nothing seen yet. We were both smokers for years. He quit last month. I just quit a few days ago.

I will never smoke again.

I am so scared. I am sick to my stomach. We have a 6-year-old.

The following user gives a hug of support to mamasnug:
solofelix (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Afraid.

Hello mamasnug,
I answered you on the Digestive-Disorder board.
Still thinking and praying for you both.
How did the Pet Scan go.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
(female)

It went well. It was really fast and my husband was in good spirits. He is handling this like a trooper. I think we'll find out the results at the thoracic surgeon on Tuesday morning. I hope he doesn't see anything but that one spot! We do the biopsy on Wednesday. You know, the PET Scan guy said not to freak until we have the biopsy. The lung doctor already said he knew it was cancer but the PET scan guy shook his head and seem upset about that. He said, "You don't know anything until the needle goes in." He gave me some hope. I don't know, the lung doctor was pretty grim, he said he figured, at best, it was IIIB. He said he knows from years of looking at tumors. We are hoping for the best, but maybe, ya know, maybe? ?????

Old 11-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
(female)

I don't know. It would be a blessing from God if they were wrong but we are bracing for what we have already been told. He will not go silently into that good night.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasnug View Post
I don't know. It would be a blessing from God if they were wrong but we are bracing for what we have already been told. He will not go silently into that good night.

I hope and pray all goes well.

Will think of you on Tues and Wed.
Blessings!!...

Solofelix.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
I hope and pray all goes well.

Will think of you on Tues and Wed.
Blessings!!...

Solofelix.
thank you hon. we appreciate it. tuesday, wednesday and thurdays, we have a lot to learn about all of us, maybe even tomorrow too.

i get back my bloodwork on monday. he has his appointments on tuesday and wednesday, i have my appt on thursday. we hope to meet with oncologists this week too and then get a date for surgery soon.

i'm exhausted trying to manage all this. i wish had a small army of friends to come over and help me get this house in order. no such luck, got one and she is coming over soon.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: mamasnug
nolongerfat (12-28-2011), socaldave (11-19-2011)
Old 11-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
(male)

ReEvolution HB User

Try to keep a positive mindset. I know it's hard to do so in situations like this but it really is the first step to creating a better outcome regardless of the situation.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi mamasnug,
I last replied to you on the Digestive-Disorder board.
I guess you have had your tests by now. How did they go. I haven't forgotten you and you remain in my prayers (both of you).
Wishing you the best.

Solofelix.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
(male)

NIT HB User

I am 73yrs old and started lung cancer treatment in March. A month ago my PET scan showed no more cancer. Last week my doctors read the latest CAT scan and said, "See you in 3 months. Start working out to build yourself back up." Be strong and know it can be beat. NIT

Old 11-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #10
(female)

Violet Vapor HB User

Don't be afraid. Just take action now. Happy that you stop smoking for yourself and your 6 year old. Hopeful for you and your hubsand. Make sure your child is taking care of no matter what happens.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi mamasnug,
I have been thinking of you just recently and wondered how things are with your husband. You were both having tests last post from you.

Let us know how the tests went and all the best to you both.
Solofelix.

Closed Thread