It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
(female)

mumbls1 HB User
scared

My mom went to gp for pneumonia. He heard congestion in her lungs and sent her for a chest ray. That showed a shadow. He sent her for a cat scan. Today he said he didn't like what he saw and referred her to a pulmonologist. What does all this mean? Is it cancer? Copd? She was responding to the antibiotics before they ran out. Is that a good thing. She doesn't really have any other symptoms. Please help me. I'm scared to death.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
(male)

umjd1998 HB User
Re: scared

Unfortunately, nobody here can tell you anything with any certainty about what the nodule is. However, you should know that 60% of solitary nodules are benign. It is possible the pneumonia gave her the nodule or it is from a prior infection, or some other disease which is not cancer.

I too had a nodule found in an xray last month when I went to the ER and was told I had pneumonia and oh yeah, we found this nodule. I too was scared and went nuts for 2 weeks. Now I have let it go and will just take it as it comes as best as I can.

You have every right to be scared. But try to keep it perspective for now until you know for sure. I wish you and your mom the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread