It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
(female)

adele60 HB User
Question after lobectom /sleeping problem/shortness of breath

I had a right upper lobectomy 6 months ago because of suspected lung cancer,turned out not to be. But for the past couple of months I've had severe shortness of breath and like panic attacks when I try to sleep on that side. I find it almost impossible to sleep on the right side. Does anyone have a similar problem. HELP !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
(female)

misty57 HB User
Re: after lobectom /sleeping problem/shortness of breath

Hi, I have some labored breathing when I turn on my left side for a few mins before I start to breath easy. Weird I know. And I also had a upper right lobectomy. But mine was cancer. I don't understand why they did the lobectomy when it was not cancer. My dr told me once we get in there and it's not cancer we do nothing more and close you up. What did your dr say about your severe shortness of breath? I don't have that. But I still feel very tight around my stomach and ribs. I was told that will go away, but I don't think so. It will be a year in May. Misty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
(female)

adele60 HB User
Smile Re: after lobectom /sleeping problem/shortness of breath

Thanks for your reply Misty. My problem is sleeping on my right side,the same side as the Lobectomy. I have no idea why the surgeon kept on with the Lobectomy when pathology showed no cancer during the actual operation. I am trying to get answers,the case is before the Australian Medical Board at the moment and I should hear from them soon. I'm sorry your's turned out to be cancer. How are you now? Where are you, Australia?

Old 02-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
(female)

misty57 HB User

I live in the US. I'm doing fine now. They removed the cancer and all margins were clear. There was also a lot of lymph nodes taken out and all was clear. The operation was considered a cure so no treatment was needed after. I was very lucky to have found it early. Hope you get the answers your looking for. Misty

Old 02-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
(female)

adele60 HB User

I'm glad that all is well with you now, Misty.

The Following User Says Thank You to adele60 For This Useful Post:
misty57 (02-28-2012)
Closed Thread